“I might stay there again.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Luxury Inn & Suites

You added Luxury Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Luxury Inn & Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1120 Highland Ave., Selma, AL 36701 (Formerly Selma Days Inn and Suites)   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Selma
Casa Grande, Arizona
“I might stay there again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As I was working in Selma Alabama, this particular hotel was closest to where I needed to be. The folks who own the place may have been a little hard to understand, but they were nice people. My room was always clean nor did I smell anything. Noise is a factor as it is close to a major road (through town). If my travels take me back that way and can't find something else, I guess I might stay there again.

Room Tip: Not the best place but good for what I needed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
OOLTEWAH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Everything was OK when we checked in. The next day we got back to the motel from work and both rooms had been poorly made, sheets not changed, and a very strong (knock you over) rotten garbage smell. We were finished early and decided to travel to our next market. When we checked out the bill was 10.00 more per room than we had agreed at the time of check in. That could have been the language barrier. Patel owned. Nice enough guy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Selma hotels

barcelona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I do not recommend staying here and this is why:

1. Customer service is horrible: I called when I was on my way to ask for directions and the manager hung up on me. Twice.

2. The rooms are dirty. The sheets are stained and have cigarette burnt holes. We found a used bar soap in the shower.

3. The rooms are old and not taken care of. The radio/alarm clock. We were 2 staying in the room and there was only soap for 1.

I passed a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn on my way here. Try your luck there, but avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2012
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Room 112 has bedbugs. Found one about 11pm on the evening of March 25th and put it in a cup and took it to the front desk. Front desk staff spoke minimal English offered to move us to another room. We declined and decided to leave at the crack of dawn in the morning. Well we get up March 26th (my birthday) and find another bedbug. Happy Birthday to me, right?! Took the bedbugs in a cup to the front desk again and was offered...bagels. Wasn't offered a complimentary room elsewhere, a partial refund or anything. Sleep in your car before you stay here. I have pics of the bedbugs but am not up to posting them. Just imagine a semi-white sheet with a brown dot.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Scotia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I had difficulty understanding the man at the front desk, who was I believe from India -- a minor problem. The room was clean, although noisy because of proximity to the highway. It had the usual amenities, but the coffee pot offered only two paper cups and the two plastic cups in the bathroom were both cracked. I always check for grab bars in the bathrooms; this motel had one in the shower, although it was too low except to use in an emergency.

There were no pens, pencils or note pads in the room. Had to ask at the office. Finally found an ice machine on the first floor, but my room was on the second. Breakfast was sparse, with two cereals, coffee and juice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Flat Rock, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Just stopped for a quick rest. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. For the price this is a great value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Luxury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!