“Newer Hotel good facility” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Selma
Houston, Texas, United States
“Newer Hotel good facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Selma is very convenient to I35 and a good middle ground place to stop if you're either heading south to San Antonio or North to Austin. The facility itself is clean and kept up. The breakfast selection is good and the workout room for a hotel is excellent. The staff is average. Neither bad or good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Ended up staying here for one night when we just couldn't make it to Montgomery due to storms. Convenient location from the highway. Good rate, clean room. Best breakfast I've had at any Holiday Inn Express (biscuits, gravy, pancake machine, eggs, bagels, muffins, etc.). Would stay there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The staff hangs out in the parking lot, they don't really act like they like their jobs a whole lot...with the exception of the lady that serves breakfast. She was very friendly and spoke every morning.
The room was clean, but the service was just so so...

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Chellebell1,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We are sincerely sorry to read about your negative experience over the staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention as your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My stay was horrible, my room had roaches. When I told the front desk person Lea should just looked at me as if what do you want me to do about it. Lea was also very slow, she walked as if nothing ever mattered at all. I told the front desk person Jackie she just oh I'm sorry and continued eating bacon while at the desk. I asked if I could move rooms she refused. I asked why she said she would spray it with some raid. A guy Jerry came and sprayed the room with Raid. I overheard him telling the housekeeper she probably brought them ( the roaches) in her purse. We then left I told the manager Natasha Davis she apologized, offered to show me the proof of extermination and said the Maintenance man probably didn't mean it that way. I have never been more disrespected in my life. I will never stay in another Holiday Inn ever. We went to the Hampton Inn Rufus Ford apologized and said things like that happen all the time there. He treated us great. Folks just go across the street. They much nicer there. FOLKS GO TO THE HAMPTON INN.

Room Tip: "Go to the Hampton Inn"
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear AnndersonM,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Selma hotels

Staunton, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We traveled to Selma for the Spring Pilgrimage and chose to stay at this hotel. It was hard to find at first but after we were situated we found it to be near places to eat and shopping. The room was a good size. They do need bigger or more pillows but the bed itself slept good. The breakfast was good. The staff were friendly and very helpful. We did have some mix up with our reservation and they had us as a no show but we weren't scheduled to be there until the next day. They did fix the problem and I thank Jamie for his help. We would stay here again if we returned to Selma

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Prior to my two night stay (was supposed to be six nights), my clients recommended I stay elsewhere. But because I have been a platinum member for many years, I hated to give up the points. My experience included a room that had not been vacuumed, bathroom floor was dirty, tiles in elevator broken, white mildew growing on carpet by window, dirty spoon under desk, clothing tag left on couch, grimy grout in bathroom and so on.

Let's put it this way, H/I Express spent some money updating but from my last few experiences, things are going down hill fast AGAIN at many locations. After two nights, I moved over a Best Western and loved it.

It may be time to leave the points and move on to another chain.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Vancouver_CanadaRick,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the overall dissatisfaction of your stay. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
ILKLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express is a mile or two out of town.
But all was good, parking outside, nice large room on ground floor, breakfast in dining room etc.
All the staff were friendly & the stay was decent value for money!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma? Share your experiences!