“Dirty Carpet” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Selma to your Saves list
Quality Inn Selma
Quality Inn Selma
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2420 Broad Street, Selma, AL 36701-4009 (Formerly Jameson Inn Selma)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 10 hotels in Selma
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Dirty Carpet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was very tired, and asked if I could sign in early in my room. The carpet was filthy, the TV stand was damaged, and the furniture in the room looked hodgepodge. Nothing matched. I stayed two nights and was glad to go from there.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 1st floor. I had a room on the 2nd floor, on the back of the building.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chalres K, General Manager at Quality Inn Selma, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. The hotel has been going thru renovations and we will continue to move forward to make each guest stay a relaxing and enjoyable experience.

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gray, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Took forever to check into hotel at 11:30 at night. I was the only one checking in. They put me in a upstairs room, key dud not work, Magager followed me to the room. She put me into a room two doors down. I did not have key for this room and she didn't offer to give me a key to that room. At 6:00 AM there is a veterans in Clonic next to the hotel, you never heard so much barking in your life. The breakfast sucked.
I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
Sorry for your inconvenience you endured while staying at our Hotel. Comments like yours helps us to focus on areas that need improvement. The Hotel has been going thru renovations at this time.
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is an old motel that seems to cater to construction workers and long-term guests. Even though we had group reservations and we arrived later than anticipated, our rooms weren't ready. It took a long time to finally get our room assignments. One room's AC didn't work, and another room's lock/key mechanism didn't work. There were only 2 towels per room, and the front-desk didn't have enough extras for everyone to have one towel. The pool is supposed to be open until 10 pm but the construction workers bullied us for using it and threatened to have us arrested for disturbing their sleep at 9pm (which the hotel management condoned.) The "full breakfast" consists of cereal, old fruit, and stale Lego waffles individually wrapped in plastic wrap. It beats sleeping in the rain in a tent, but that's about it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments. The Hotel has gone thru some renovations and we will continue to improve the property. It is guest comments like the one you provided that helps us improve.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

It was not bad at all. My hubby is from Selma so kinda scared to stay anywhere but with family. It turned out ok and it was nice having my dog have a place to be. The staff was so very nice and helpful. The room not bad just stuffy can tell its older. I'm a clean person and I looked before we got. Well stay again when we come back with dog.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for the positive comments and review. We strive to make each guest stay a relaxing and enjoyable time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Had to travel to Selma with my dogs. Only two places in Selma took dogs, America's best value and Jameson. After looking at reviews at both decided on Jameson. They had said it would $15 a night per dog, but after speaking with them, they waived the fee. The room was clean, granted the carpet was old. AC worked great. Bathroom had a jet tub. Service was friendly. Manager stopped by about 15 minutes after check in to make sure everything was ok. I read it was next to a bad neighborhood. Hmmm. This inn is next to several banks and a walgreens. Last I checked they don't put new banks in bad areas. Overall, very happy and will use Jameson again

• Stayed September 2012
tpfish, General Manager at Quality Inn Selma, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear BocaSaints,
I certainly appreciate you taking a few minutes to share your experience at the Jameson Inn of Selma with fellow travelers. We enjoy providing quality service to our guests and their furry friends. It pleases me to know that you found your stay a comfortable one. We would love to take care of your lodging needs for future visits to our area.
Best Regards,
GM
Selma, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

everything was awsome, AJ was AWSOME!! gave us an awsome rate, ac went out once and he came to the room himself and fixed it and no problems since!! will be staying here anytime we come to alabama!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
tpfish, General Manager at Quality Inn Selma, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear amanda s,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We value your opinion and are very happy you were pleased with your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Elkmont AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

After speaking with Terri (who gave us an excellent rate) we were excited to be visiting the area. Shirley checked us in which was hassle free and later addressed my concern ( I couldn't get my tv on) she came down to my room with the right touch. :) The room was clean and smelled very nice. Upon checkout, AJ provided us with telephone books and written materials on the area for us to offer our travelers. I would not only recommend this hotel, I will stay there again if in the area!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trisa,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I appreciate knowing that we were able to provide a pleasant experience for your group. It's extremely nice knowing that you took the time to share your experience with others.Thanks again for allowing us the opportunity to take care of your lodging needs.
Kindest Regards,
Terri Fisher

Been to Quality Inn Selma? Share your experiences!