“Victorian House Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
guntersville,AL
“Victorian House Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently paid a visit to the Unclaimed Baggage store in Scotsboro, AL. I was looking for someplace unique to have lunch. I discovered the Magnolia House, formally the Blue Willow. The house itself is very cute, decorated very Victorian. I do not know the history of the house but in sure there's a story there.
They offered a hot food bar that appeared to include several meats and lots of vegie options. I ordered off of the menu, however. The menu listed several sandwiches and salads. I ordered the salad sampler plate. For around $8.00, it included a lot of food! The chicken salad was not the best I've ever had. It was tasteless. The pasta salad was good and the strawberry pretzel salad was very good. The plate also included a fruit cup and some delicious carrot muffins. They are known for their rolls( which looked like Sister Schubert's) and their strawberry butter and honey butter. The butters were very good and they even sell tubs of them should you wish to take some home. The service was very good. She kept my tea glass full. All in all, it was a nice experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Minot, ND
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place was so good that when I came back a week and a half later I had to go back. Large portions kept us so full we didn't have to eat again in the evening. I wish I had some now!

Visited July 2012
Kennesaw Georgia
“Loved the atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I went to unclaimed luggage shopping & ask the cashier where was a good place to eat. I ate there, the food was good southern cooking, portions were very hefty. Loved the old house & its history. The owner came to my table & talked extensively about the house & her family. I would definately go back should I be in Scottsboro again

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Huntsville, Alabama
“Magnolia House - Scottsboro”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I really liked the historic home which houses this restaurant. Very nice furnishings. I had the vegetable plate which included my choice of four from the hot bar. It cost $5.95 which I thought was reasonable. I chose fried okra, squash casserole, cream corn, and turnip greens. Everything I had was delicious and freshly prepared and well seasoned. The downside to this was the small portions. Very small portions. I was still hungry and even stopped somewhere else for a sandwich on the way home. One member of our party had not received a salad they ordered after more than 25 minutes or so. I would not go back to this restaurant because of the rude staff that were on hand that day and for the small portions of food. Good food, bad service.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rogersville, Alabama
“Good Country Cooking and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

Good vegetable bar,,,,will definitely eat here again