“too late to see the view” 4 of 5 stars

417 Ed Hembree Dr, Scottsboro, AL 35769
(256) 574-3071
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Scottsboro
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
huntsville,al
“too late to see the view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

the wife and i had dinner recently, but due to daylight savings time were too late to enjoy the view to its fullest. Did enjoy the meal however. Had a little difficulty finding the road to the place. The sign is off the road and behind the "Goose Pond" sign. It was a slow night (Thursday) so the service was prompt. The staff was quite friendly, and there is enough space between the tables to allow for a walker or wheel chair. I got a sandwich which was average. The wife had oysters which were quite good. Next time we are in town, we will stop in again and try another menu item. The meal was a little pricey, but all things considered, it was an enjoyable dinner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mentone, AL
“"okay", kind of pricey...one hour drive not worth it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were asked to join two other couples for a very early dinner on Friday night and arrived at 5pm. Thankfully it was quiet, but the sun, of course, had not yet set, so the sun was flooding onto our table and of six people, only two were not directly in the very bright sun. We all ordered and received the food in a timely manner. Our drinks were also refilled in an appropriate time. I ordered the shrimp and grits with sausage and a sauce/gravy with it. I also had a garden salad. The salad was a very basic "restaurant" salad, the ingredients were fresh, so it was fine. The shrimp was cooked well and tasted good. The grits were okay, up in a mound with the sauce poured over them with the shrimp randomly on top and the andouille sausage cut into little pieces throughout the sauce. This was not a spicy dish, for which I was thankful, but it actually could have used a little kick as it was sort of bland. I thought it was pretty expensive for that and salad - no vegetables with it at all. My husband had the tilapia, salad and green beans. The green beans tasted pretty good. He said the tilapia had too much of a spicy topping and liked the tilapia I cooked at home. We ordered a dessert and split it. We thought the apple with pecan topping cheesecake would be good. Well, we had to search for the apple slices, and it probably was tasty for people who like pecan pie, but I don't care for pecan pie at all, so I only ate two bites & passed to my husband. One couple loved their meal of crab claws, French fries and some shrimp. They like to to go to the restaurant a lot. I don't know what the other couple thought as they were guests of us and the other couple and they didn't share their actual feelings. We left a little before 7pm. Thank goodness as it was getting extremely loud from the bar, the music and people talking very loud to be heard. As we are senior adults, we could not hear each other once the loudness started and the noise really bothered us. We were relieved to leave. Guess younger people enjoy the "honkey tonk" atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rainsville, Alabama
“horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

my husband and i were very frequent patrons of the docks for several years.but recently we had a terrible experience there. we were dining with family and friends that had never been before. after waiting for an hour for an appetizer i ask the waitress if we could please have more to drink.she informed me she was very busy and doing the best she could. i said i know you are but we have waited an hour for a glass of tea. she turned and said "why dont you go to mcdonalds then". i could not believe it. i told the owner and he simply gave us another waiter.then after an hour and a half we got our food. our tab was over a hundred dolars and we were treated terrible.several days later i caalled the other owner and she said in the waitresses defense she has a sick father.maybe she should have stayed home that day.we will never go back!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenwood, Sc
“Go early to watch the sunset.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Food great. We went after dark...not much to see then. Go soon after they open, and stay till dark.

Homemade dessert is a must. We ate key lime? Next time, bread pudding for me.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Good food but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Was here on Saturday night very busy you need a reservation. Didn't get to sit outside but still had nice view. It's very loud inside around bar area which is where we were. They need more servers! Service was the slowest I've ever experienced! I gave it 4 stars because the food was great and enjoyed the atmosphere.