“Good coffee option in Shanghai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Starbucks

Starbucks
Xin Jinqiao Road, Shanghai, China (Jinqiao)
021-58990279
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 635 Coffee & Tea in Shanghai
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Neighborhood: Jinqiao
Neighborhood: Jinqiao
Toronto, Canada
“Good coffee option in Shanghai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I managed to frequent three different Starbucks locations in Shanghai during my stay. They were all up to Starbucks' usual international standards for decent coffee and courteous staff.

The shop on Henan Middle Road, one block south of East Nanjing Street, was closest to my hotel, which did not have a restaurant. I went here most days for my morning coffee; for part of my stay they had a very tasty special with a breakfast croissant (beef and cheese) at half price when you bought a coffee. I thought this was particularly good value for your money for Starbucks, which is a premium coffee shop.

Staff here were particularly friendly since I quickly got identified as a "regular," and I was often one of the first customers in the shop. I always had my choice of tables here, and this was a nice way to start my day before heading out for some sightseeing. This shop in particular seemed spacious and comfortable.

I also dropped by the shop at People's Square one afternoon, and one over by the Yu Gardens (the one which had a few outdoor tables; see photo). The Yu Gardens outlet was especially crowded with a sizeable line up for service when I visited in the afternoon after seeing the Gardens. Customers here were sitting cheek-by-jowl.

All three shops had friendly and efficient staff, and reliable coffee.

It must be a cultural thing in China, but these stores tended to have milk but no cream set out at the self-service station; cream was available behind the counter if you asked staff.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“I like the service there.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I spent my hardest time when there is no Internet in my apartment. I have to say the web access there is great. Most importantly, the service of this Starbucks is great. I like the smilely faces there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Meet & New Friends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you are looking for a quiet place, a place to make new friends or to gather around with old friends, go for it. No matter which Starbucks you choose, it is all pretty much the same. The best Starbucks is near to my home in Beijing: Xidan, at outside they got umbrellas and always more than enough sunshine.

Visited October 2012
Shanghai
“Always Great Coffee and Tea!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been to starbucks in probably 20 different countries and it's always a treat! Consistent quality coffee and treats! Interesting Chinese twist on scones and sandwiches keep it always interesting while still offering the American favorite drinks!

Visited November 2012
Hong Kong, China
“OVER PRICED AND SLOW”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

There is always a queue at *bucks despite it high prices.
The reason in not the coffee as locals buy other drinks in preference.
No it is because the service is so slow.
I heard the WIFI is the reason to visit.

Visited November 2012