“Amazing property, service needs to lift its game.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cachet Boutique Shanghai

You added Cachet Boutique Shanghai to your Saves list
Cachet Boutique Shanghai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.931 Nanjing West Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai 200041, China (Formerly JIA Shanghai Hotel) (Nanjing West Road)   |
Ranked #68 of 3,976 Hotels in Shanghai
Tianjin, China
“Amazing property, service needs to lift its game.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in town for the week on business. Work put me up in a very ordinary hotel, so I decided to stay at Cachet on my last night. The property is very easy to find and is boutique in every sense. The ground level foyer is full of multimedia art and looks beautiful. Straight up in the lift to reception. The reception was a little flustered when I arrived, as the scanner for passport-copying purposes had malfunctioned. Service needs to lift it's game, but on the whole, the staff were polite. I think it's important though that management (even if the corporate structure of the business requires this), should not discipline/yell at/be unkind toward more junior staff members in the presence of a guest. It's just not what I want to see.

So eventually I got up to the room and WOW was I impressed. The rooms are spacious, well-designed, comfortable, enough room to have a few people over if you are in town with guests etc, and the bed - one of the most comfortable I've had the pleasure of staying the night in. The bathroom is beautiful, and the bath itself, really big and super relaxing. The windows are double-glazed, which is rare for China, so noise is LOW which was just great. The curtains are complete blackout, so I really have to say I had an amazing sleep, and an excellent experience at this hotel, despite the original hiccup.

I asked for a late checkout and was given one with no questions asked. I will definitely stay at The Cachet again.

Room Tip: If you're heading out to bars at night, don't rely on this area to serve you with late-night...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Fergus-SH, General Manager at Cachet Boutique Shanghai, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear TVH 3121. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of Cachet Boutique. It is very nice to hear all of your great comments about the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our 'art salon' on level one so much, it is a great pride and focus at the moment as we just installed our new season exhibition by Shanghai artist Zhang Tianjun in cooperation with our art salon partner llamart. Thanks also for the comments on the spaciousness of our rooms and sleep quality that you enjoyed during our stay. Our team at Cachet also believes that our rooms are truly unique with wonderful design features and that they are great for entertaining. All of Cachet's rooms feature fully equipped kitchenettes and all of our suites feature the full suite cocktail bar. Thank you equally for your comments and advice on service. We work very hard to achieve high standards of customer service and to create a tranquil and pleasurable environment. My sincere apologies that on a couple of moments during your stay, these goals weren't achieved by our team. We have taken your observations very seriously and they have allowed us to refocus and improve our efforts.Thanks again for taking the time to share you observations. With regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose Chachet on my recent trip to Shanghai as my "usual" hotel choice was fully booked during the SH Auto Show. Cachet is a nice boutique hotel, uniquely designed and decorated, and the staff try their best to be helpful.

This is Spring, going to Summer, and the weather in SH is slowly turning warm. However, the hotel is not prepared for this (most hotels would do a full air-con maintenance during the seasonal switch) and the room i got, Room 406, feels like a stuffy, warm sauna, despite three different attempts, by the maintenance crew, to try to fix the problem. At no point was I offered a change of rooms (granted they might be full during this period), and I had to settle for a portable electric fan to keep my room "cool". This was the hotel's "solution" for me. They also recommended that I can keep the windows open (which is ridiculous as I am on the 4th floor and my room faces the busy Nanjing Road). For the room rate I had paid, this stay at Cachet, and waking up in the middle of the night all sweaty, was a disaster!

The heat of Shanghai summer will soon hit and if they cannot sort out their air-conditioning issues, good luck to future hotel guests. For me, there is probably not going to be a next time. While Cachet is located just 10 mins walk to my office, I will never choose to stay with them again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nicely located in a business district with many restaurants and high-end shops. Uniquely designed and decorated. Part of the hotel was under renovation so no room service was available. The staff was helpful and accommodating. I was upgraded to a suite which was nice but way too big for a one-night business trip. I was disappointed that the noise of the traffic passing through was too overwhelming. Should defiantly ask for higher floors if available. The room was very nicely decorated with artsy feel and it was in general a pleasant stay. However I hope the overall maintenance part of the room can be done soon as I see many minor wear and tear (i asked the staff upon check-out that the renovation of the hotel is in progress).

Room Tip: corner suite with higher floors
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear bugsivy. Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Cachet Boutique. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our service team were helpful and had a positive impact on your stay. I am also glad that you enjoyed the hotels focus on art. Apart from the Art Salon on level one, there a a lot of other wonderfully fun touches throughout the property. My sincere apologies for the substandard maintenance in your room that affected your stay. We are in the constant process of touching up and making small rectifications and I'm sorry that these points had not been attended to before you arrived. I am following up with our team to ensure better performance in the future. Thank you again for the kind time you took to review Cachet Boutique. With regards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all, like real state, location, location, location!!! This is great place to stay in Shanghai , uniquely designed and decorated, the hotel is located by the West Nanjing metro station. Many places within walking distance and plenty of places to eat around. The hotel was purchased by the same group that owns URBN Hotel (another cool boutique hotel in relatively same area) and it brings that artsy funky feel.
The room was great and very spacious. GM Fergus is very hands on and he always around making sure things are running as they should.

The also have a happy hour with free drinks and hors d'oeuvres which is pretty cool when coming back to the hotel after a long day.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Flavio. Thanks very much for the great comments regarding your recent stay at Cachet Boutique. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the hotels fantastic location and the spaciousness of our rooms. Also wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all of the great dining choices near the hotel, indeed we are situated right on the doorstep of WuJiang road eat street and right on the point of the new ZhangYuan restaurant and bar complex. A wonderful array of local and international dining choices surround the hotel. Thanks again for the kind comments Flavio. We really appreciate the time you took to give us feedback on your stay. With regards.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location, decent room space and comfort and a small and decent breakfast spread. A bit hard to find so remember to download an offline map first before you head out. The crew is very helpful and accomodating. All in all, would stay again if I'm back in Shanghai.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Fergus-SH, General Manager at Cachet Boutique Shanghai, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear SC8448. Thanks very much for your positive comments on Cachet Boutique. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the hotels incredible location. I am also delighted to hear that our service team helped to ensure a lovely stay. We will indeed look forward to any chance of welcoming you back should you make a return visit to Shanghai. With best regards.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

Have stayed here a few times. Service in general is very friendly. Love the design and layout of the corner suites. Audio/visual amenities are excellent, with lots of plug-ins for your devices and sound. Mini kitchen and fully stocked bar are great if you have some guests over. Bed was very comfortable and bedroom set in away from the window side made for a very quiet sleep.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear hellobanana. Thanks very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Cachet Boutique. It's lovely to hear that you enjoy the special design touches in our rooms. Our in room audio visual systems, kitchenettes and full suite bar cocktail cabinets are all designed to offer guests a touch of genuine comfort & luxury and hopefully some fantastic fun moments etc, shared with friends . Thank you also for your comments on our teams service and bed quality. We appreciate your kind remarks very much. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Cachet Boutique soon. With regards.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I thought the room was very spacious and well planned, including the bathroom. The bed was super comfortable and I slept extremely well. I also liked the addition of an air purifier, considering the Chinese pollution. The location was excellent and the breakfast the best I have had at a hotel in a long time.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Fergus-SH, General Manager at Cachet Boutique Shanghai, responded to this review, March 22, 2015
Dear Linda & Malcolm. Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay at Cachet Boutique. It's great to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you found our beds so comfortable. Great also to hear that you appreciated the wonderful location of Cachet and enjoyed breakfast so much. Our breakfast, complimentary afternoon tea and complimentary evening aperitif drinks in our private guest lounge on level three are indeed some of the highlights we hope to share with all Cachet guests. Thanks again for the kind comments and we look forward to any opportunity of welcoming you back to Cachet Boutique soon! With thanks.

Been to Cachet Boutique Shanghai? Share your experiences!