“Think about it as a "meehhh" club” 2 of 5 stars

021-52589999
Improve this listing
Ranked #663 of 1,305 things to do in Shanghai
Shanghai
“Think about it as a "meehhh" club”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

Right... Bonbon is owned by my friends father, so thats cool. However... There is barely anything cool about the club itself. Its 150 RMB for men and 100 RMB for women, already there's some sexism going on, they obviously want more girls in there. Once you get in, they stamp your arm with one of those invisa-stamp thingy's, so if you sweat it off, you cant get back in, nonetheless, you get in, the music is pretty mediocre, if your lucky, you might get a few tunes, but you know, I was just like wtf. The cool things about bonbon itself I would say would be the Open Flow Bar, and the bathroom, I don't know, i was stone drunk when i went to the bathroom and only remembered a cool sink, didnt bother to take a [--], I do remember eating some gum from a sorta tray thing, and the dude charging me 10 RMB, FOR GUM. Then there's the Open Flow Bar, the main attraction, you give in your ticket stub and they give you one glass, the glass depends on what drink you order, you have one glass for the WHOLE night, if you lose it, you either steal someone else's or pay 10 RMB for another one, then your limited to quite a few drinks, my friends and I usually go for the Vodka and Lime juice thing. The bar looks like a dirty kitchen too, it doesn't look like your usual nightclub bar, it just feels... wrong, and, some of the weird cocktails include strange chinese drinks, things like "MoZone" or whatever the heck its called. Anyways, you go there, you get wasted, you dance a bit. Oh, the dance floor, almost forgot to talk about that. There's one big dance floor, and then another smaller dance floor around back, which must be for slow songs or something, the floor is sticky, as usual in most clubs, and for some reason, once you start dancing in Bonbon, you lose the feeling, then you just wanna go back to your table, I don't know what it is. And the seats/stools are so weird, they are so wobbly, if you drank like half a beer, you'd probably fall off.

So, Bonbon, is it worth it? I don't know, do you want to get totally hammered and puke on everyone? Then by all means, go to Bonbon. But I personally prefer M2, admission is free, drinks are kinda expensive, but the music is dead on, and then theres the occasional strip show. I LOVE that club, I'll go to Bonbon when im like depressed or something, I'll go to M2 when im in the mood!.... okay, its 12:30 in the morning, and i have school tomorrow... [--]...

Shanghai
“Bon Bon - not only famous for fake wine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

Last Saturday, I went to Bonbon with my husband. And there I experienced the most horrible and humiliated moment ever in my whole life!

It’s started by some misunderstanding between me and a bar tender, we both got worked up, and he suddenly pushed me really hard on my chest across the bar. I was furious to be treated that way, so I fought back. And then, I got a heavy slap on my left face! I was furious and lost my mind! But I couldn’t do anything to him since I was a thin woman and he’s a man much taller than me!

Then we were taken to the security room on the second floor and we were asked to pay them 1,000 RMB! It seemed they bought the police and we were surrounded by 5-6 guards in that room. At last, we were forced to pay them 1,000 RMB otherwise we were not allowed to leave. I asked for official receipt but then I was threatened. They only gave us a handwritten receipt without company seal on it.

Now I still have bruise on my body and the hurt on my emotion. I know we can’t get help from the Chinese police, or the embassy, because I don’t have any solid proof of their crime. I strongly recommend everyone to think twice before you go to Bon Bon.