“Spoilt by one of the best ever stays” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund

You added Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund to your Saves list
Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.839 Renmin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200010, China (Yu Garden)   |
Ranked #52 of 3,976 Hotels in Shanghai
UK
“Spoilt by one of the best ever stays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel reception told us that we had been upgraded to a suite. When we got to the room we were blown away with the quality of the rooms and the view from the windows. The staff were helpful and having the metro at Youan Gardens just a stones throw away meant it was easy to access the metro system. We wanted to see the Era Show and asked at reception where the young Dutch man on reception rang through to the agency for tickets for us when he discovered only the expensive one where left he advised us to go to the booking office as often they had seats left there and he was correct. As I am a vegetarian I had some difficulty with the food and we ate in the hotel and although the service was not fast the quality and size of the portions was good. Breakfast offers a lot of choice. Considering what we paid I was very happy with this choice of hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Niels T, Guest Relations Manager at Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Greetings from SSAW Hotel Shanghai.
Thank you for your comment regarding your stay last month.

Because I did not see you after our conversation in the lobby anymore, I am very glad to read you could see the ERA Show. I truly hope you enjoyed the beautiful show.
At SSAW Hotel we are all working together to be sure every guest will enjoy their stay with us and I am sure the staff will be delighted by your review on Tripadvisor.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further inquiry or assistance. I will be glad to assist you further.

nielstaal@live.nl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

As I booked my hotel a month earlier i got a great price. This hotel is at least 5 star for service and comfort. The rooms are modern and very well maintained unlike some china hotels that are look worn out and run down. The beds are extremely comfortable and snuggliy, I had 2 wonderful nights of sleep. Room well equipped and I loved the shower cream and shampoo as they are fragrance scented and of a much higher quality again unlike some hotels that gives cheap ones that completely strip your skin of moisture and worse leave an sticky unclean feeling.

Location is 5mins from Yuyuan Garden Metro exit 4 turn left and walk about 300 along main road, you cannot miss it. If u turn right from Exit 4 and cross the traffic junction and walk 400m and then turn right you will arrive at the Yuyuan Garden which is a famous ancient bldg sites w lots of food and traditional snacks. It has a great food courts w 200 different snack and hot servings convenient and affordable. Worth a visit and good for picture perfect photos.

From the front of hotel turn left u can walk down to Haihuai Lu which is along road with lots of malls and shopping always featured on forum. As you walk there are lots of nice cafe and smaller food joints serving affordable food day and night. A few kilometers of nice walk.

I must also comment on the service of hotel staff. Speak enough English and gave good info. I checked in and asked for a high floor, surprisingly I got the highest floor 17th w a nice view of city. Cable Tv programs had numerous channels and lots quite a few English movies and news channels including AXN and National Geographic!

Nothing much to complain about. Even the 4th level coffee house was a pleasant eat not fantastic but good service. I had ordered a beef noodle soup and while eating halfway I found a tiny weeny black fly in the soup one that is difficult to notice by the cook. The manager was profusely apologetic and offered to cook something else so I ordered seafood fried rice instead. as there were other orders I needed to wait another 10mins the manager brought me a complimentary refreshing plate of tropical fruits which was a surprising excellent service attitude. commendable indeed. Only thing there is no swimming pool as I had wanted a swim but anyways it's expected of a functional business hotel.

I will definitely return here, value foe money and excellent service and adequate facilities for a business hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Please allow me to thank you for such a detailed comment regarding your most recent stay with us. We are always doing our best to assign the rooms according to guest' preferences.
I am glad to read you stayed on the 17th and hightest floor and enjoyed 2 nights at SSAW Hotel.

I feel sorry for the inconvenience in our restaurant on the 4th floor, hopefully it did not bothered your lunch or dinner. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stay in this hotel for 3 nights in the hot hot summer. It is just 5 minutes walk from the Metro Station. 15 minutes from the People Square.

The room was very clean. Breakfast was good as an included breakfast. Staff were friendly. Great value from the room looking out to an old district with high-rise in the backdrop. Great value. The only thing I could compliant was that the corridor was a bit dark... if that matters.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

Welcome to our SSAW Hotel Shanghai Tripadvisor page.
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read our hotel was just what you needed and it is a great compliment for us.
Location is important when you are in such a large city as Shanghai in summer. I hope you visited all places you wanted to see.

For us, each and every comment matters as it helps us to improve our services. I will surely forward your comment about the dark corridor during our next meeting. Every guest need to feel comfortable in every section of our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your time and efforts and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My stay at SSAW hote was great and i like its big and comfortable king size bed. Yuyuan garden and the bund etc are within walking distance and metro is just stone away. one thing that annoyed me during my stay was the air conditioner would turn off automatically due to temperature adjuster installed perhaps. Other than that, it is a good hotel and i would definitely come back and stay again. Please allow us to adjust the room temperature according to our temp preference..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Please allow me to thank you for the time and efforts to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor.
Each comment and suggestion is important to improve our hotel and services.

I will thus forward your comment regarding the A/C in your room to the relevant department within our hotel. I am sorry for any inconvencience during your stay. However, I am glad to read you enjoyed our hotel location in the heart of Shanghai and comfortable bed. We hope you had a pleasant flight back to Brunei. Please feel free to contact me directly for any other inquiry or reservation, we will be glad to welcome you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for 8 nights at SSAW on a return trip to my hometown for business. SSAW provides a tranquil and relaxing thai themed atmosphere right from the lobby all the way to your own personal room, a delightful and fragrant aroma will follow you through the entire hotel. The deluxe suite provides a very generous King sized bed, luxurious mattress, 2 Seater lounge, Coffee table, Office desk and automatic blackout blinds. The bathroom is fantastic with rain shower head, personal bathtub, fresh towels & hairdryer. To top it all off all coffee, tea and mini bar items are all complimentary. Hotel breakfast also offers a great variety of both Western and traditional Chinese breakfasts, located on the 4th floor featuring city views. I would highly recommend anyone considering staying at SSAW for either business or leisure. Please have a look at some artistic photos taken to illustrate my description above. Thank You.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Niels T, Guest Relations Manager at Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear valued guest,

It is such a pleasure to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us at SSAW Hotel Shanghai.
As we are located in the middle of Shanghai, it is important for our guests to enjoy the South East Asian atmosphere, I am delighted you liked the hotel style.

In addition, I would like to thank you for the beautiful pictures you posted on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate your efforts doing this.

With warm regards,
Queenstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Just had 2 nights at the Ssaw and wished we could have stayed longer. The room was fantastic - on the 9th floor with a great view. Bed comfy, air con good, shower/bathroom great. Great to be able to block out the light for sleeping with the automatic blind. All the staff were very helpful and the roof top restaurant was a brilliant spot for a coffee. Great location - short walk to metro or 30 min walk to People's Park.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

We are very glad to have read that you enjoyed your recent trip to Shanghai and you stay with us here at SSAW Hotel Shanghai. The staff are doing all they can to extend themselves in any way to ensure that each guest has a personalized and enjoyable stay with us.

The automatic blind is very useful since many guests suffer from a jetlag. I am satisfied to understand you liked your room and our location.

We hope that you had a safe trip home and do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guest Service Manager
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at SSAW room, found the room was a bit dusty when we arrived but was quickly serviced upon our request. The room was large, beautiful bathroom, comfortable bed and offers free mini bar! Good wifi, breakfast was good too... Excellent location. Highly recommended for your stay in shanghai, either business or pleasure i think this hotel will satisfy your needs. Thanks Niel for your kind assistance during our stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to ssaw room, ask for higher floor. Less noise of street constructions activities.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Greetings from SSAW Hotel Shanghai.
In name of the team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us all know how you experienced your stay recently. I hope you had a pleasant flight back home.

Once again, I feel sorry that the room was a bit dusty upon check-in. I already informed our housekeeping manager to make sure it will not happen again. It is very important for all guests to enjoy their stay with us from the first moment they arrive at our hotel. That aside, I would like to thank you for your personal compliment, really appreciated. At the end, the whole team of SSAW Hotel Shanghai is helping each other to make sure everyone will enjoy their stay.

Please contact me directly again for any further assistance or if you would like to make a new reservation in the near future. I will be glad to assist you further.

nielstaal@live.nl

Been to Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund? Share your experiences!