“Wonderful stay in Shanghai!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt on the Bund

You added Hyatt on the Bund to your Saves list
Hyatt on the Bund
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.199 Huangpu Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai 200080, China (The North Bund)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #88 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
4.5 of 5 stars 1,149 Reviews
Beijing, China
“Wonderful stay in Shanghai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family stayed here for 5 nights and we had a an excellent time. Our spacious suite had an amazing view of Pudong and we especially enjoyed the club lounge. The staff were very friendly and we enjoyed getting to know Tobias who was very attentive. As a club member we also had a choice to enjoy breakfast at the restaurant Aroma. My sons were very sad to return home. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's a very clean hotel nearby "the inner" city of Shanghai. The buffet offers a wide range of different specialities - for sure lots of Chinese food too. On the top f the hotel is a nice bar with a whirlpool - the view is simply amazing & breathtaking! The stuff, especially at the front desk, at Hyatt is very friendly and helpful - speak lots of different languages.

I just can recommend this hotel to you. I am Austrian and I am used to a particular (high) standard and Hyatt at the Bund fulfilled all my expectations! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Being a Hyatt Diamond Club member I have had the privilege of staying at various Hyatt's around the world.

First I'd like to say my visit started luke warm. I asked the Hyatt Club Mgt team @ The Bund if I could one of my free suite upgrade nights. This wasn't available, yet a upgrade was for 6,000 points. I was a bite confused by this offering as I was under the impression that if suites were available then I could use my upgrades at my discretion. They also wanted to put me in a room facing the city. After a bit of attitude on my part I was offered a suite upgrade, facing the river and Bund for 6,000 points.

I must say the room was spectacular and the view breathtaking! It was clean and spacious. TV needed a bit up upgrading, yet my wife and I were very pleased.

The Hyatt Club area on the 3 rd floor was fantastic. The views were a bit unspectacular, yet the food, service and spacious ambiance was very good.

I had use of the business room which was clean, upgraded and spacious. We'll equipped for any basic business meeting or telecon.

We also went to The Vue Bar on the 33rd floor. The terrace view was breathtaking. The food was decent and cover was free for guests. Prices were reasonable for this type of bar with view.

Over our stay was fantastic. The wait staff on the Club area were excellent. The overall personality of the staff was very good.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I'm posted to Shanghai and received a voucher for a river view room. Amusingly, in Chinese it is called the bodyguard room because it is adjacent to a larger room where the boss presumably stays. The view is quite awesome from the river view room despite the name with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Bund and Lujiazui. (I would have thought it would be called the xiaosan room, this being China).

Upkeep needs to be improved though as the carpet in the hallway was quite frayed and the wallpaper in my room was suffering from the humidity (2005 in case management is reading this). Most of the doors had minor nicks in them. Considering this is a 5 stay hotel and a Hyatt, everything should be perfect. Our corporate hotel is Park Hyatt in Lujiazui and upkeep is much better there.

Gym is excellent with good selection of treadmills, weight machines and free weights. Also a smith machine. Pool on Saturday was crowded with kids and older kids horsing around so not great if you wanted to do laps.

Breakfast spread was awesome. Was even able to get an egg white omelet after some explanation (first time in Asia I tried this). Also the usual Asian and western spreads. Bread was impressive. I think they even had Volkorn bread. Of course, some of the local clientele aren't clear that you are supposed to hold the bread with the towel when cutting and not with your hands - etiquette class would be nice as the some Chinese leaders recommended for tourists. - Recommend a sign be put up explaining not to use your hands to touch food or instead grab some bread from the basket, which hasn't been manhandled. (Note this is an issue for all hotels in China or with Chinese tourists, not the hotel's fault for guests' lack o familiarity with Western food).

Location is just south of the main stretch of the Bund with all the bars, etc. Probably 10 minute walk to House of Roosevelt, Bar Rouge, etc. although we didn't do it. Plenty of taxis available at the hotel to go to other sites.

I had no trouble sleeping but wife thought it was noisy, especially with bells ringing on Bund (never hear it on the other side of the river).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Hyatt on the Bund is our corporate hotel for Shanghai - so coming back to this hotel almost every month will give you a good sense of how they keep up (or not) with re to their service. I arrived on a very hot and humid day in Shanghai and as soon as I landed I had a massive headache. I stayed in the room the whole afternoon and evening. The best part of this hotel is - as mentioned before - is that it is quiet outside, which is great when you have a headache. At about 8pm I smelled smoke and I was smelling on the hall way and opened the connecting door (on my side) and had a sniff. My neighbours were smoking for sure and I called the guest service if I was booked on a smoking floor or not?!? The lady at the guest service was not sure and had to ask someone else. The assistant manager at the end called me back and confirmed this was a non-smoking floor. He immediately asked if I wanted to change rooms - which I confirmed. When looking back actually they should have told the people next door not to smoke and get them out of the room! Anyway - the new room was good and quiet with noone besides me.

I am still not convinced with the breakfast service - yes a wide spread of selection, but the fruit seems to be from cans(???) - can someone confirm this?

As I don't have other choice to stay in Shanghai I am coming back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been a lot of time in Shanghai and allways in this Hotel because it has a very good combination of everything.

You can have a good time in its restaurant n the top with very special environmental

Carlos

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

An excellent hotel. From the staff at guest services ,to the concierge service, to the bedroom service attendants ,to restaurant hospitality ,staff were extremely helpful and accommodating.
Views and location are out of this world .

Steve
California,USA

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a clear view of the Bund/floor 15 or higher