“Perfect location, perfect service, perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt on the Bund

You added Hyatt on the Bund to your Saves list
Hyatt on the Bund
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.199 Huangpu Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai 200080, China (The North Bund)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #88 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
4.5 of 5 stars 1,149 Reviews
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Perfect location, perfect service, perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed with Hyatt on the Bund 10 times now and I will stay the next 10 times for sure. The rooms are spacious, never had a small one or was disappointed. Upgrades are nice but not necessary as the rooms are all great. The Bund is just a minute away, NanJing road just some 5-10 minutes walk. The best is the staff: Always friendly, well trained and professional, well English speaking. It always feels like coming home. The spa is worth a try, you won't regret it after a hard day of work, the gym is well equipped and all facilities are clean and well maintained.
If you go to Shanghai, go to Hyatt on the Bund and enjoy noble calmness in a vivid city.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

we stayed here overnight after our cruise - the welcome to the hotel was ok, assistance with luggage lacking and generally did not come up to the standard of the hotel we had in Singapore where we were shown to our rooms - where everything was and the idiosyncrasies of putting the room key over the pad in the lifts to go up was explained to us - we were ok with this here but found ourselves explaining how to make the lift work to other guests! after an afternoon / early evening sight seeing we were quite late back and booked into the Chinese kitchen on our way through the lobby - without checking the menu and prices - a big mistake - it was very overpriced for what we got and the service was not to the standard we would expect for the price - it was also very cold and when mentioned to the staff we were simply told it would be reported to the manager - the air con was so fierce our food got cold very quickly - considering the height of the ceiling and low temp outside the air con was hardly needed at all . the room we had was good overlooking the Bund - beautiful at night - tea and coffee available and found in a box in the drawer of the snacks etc linked to the mini bar - not a place we expected to find it! there is no where to sit and relax within the hotel we had to check out by noon and had an 8-30pm pick up for the airport packing bits and bobs bought during the afternoon in the suitcases in the lobby was not ideal- we were however told we could use the locker room in the gym to freshen up - we passed on this and made do with the rest rooms off the lobby. Breakfast was good and a wide selection available - a second cup of coffee was hard to come by but the tea was fine - I would stay here again due to the location but would hope the service had some polish by then - hopefully they read the comments!!

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the Bund for great night time view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is where I stay for business in Shanghai. It's a ways (about 40 min) from the airport but the convenience of the location in terms of meetings and seeing Shanghai itself more than makes up for that. The staff are excellent at anticipating needs, especially those staff in the business centre. They made working, even in the middle of the night (daytime in North America) a breeze.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view over the water - simply amazing to see
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Where do I start--from the hotel registration experience in a gorgeous Lobby that was most welcoming, efficient and very accomodating thanks to Neil Li, Director of Customer Service and his staff. My room was amazing--comfortable, clean and contemporary design really fit the overall quality of the property and the view breathtaking. While I did not have time to dine in the hotel as much as I would have liked, I did have a meal at Aroma which I found to be delicious and reasonable. Overall, I highly recommend anyone visiting Shanghai, whether it is their first or return visit, to experience it while staying at the Hyatt on the Bund! I know I'll be back!

Room Tip: Higher floor and view room can't be beat for this hotel.
Gardena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Fantastic hotel, modern, friendly staff, good price, terrific views on the water and skyline, zen like atmosphere in the room. One of the best hotel stays I ever had in my many years of travelling. Can really recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Shanghai

Room Tip: Get a room with a view on the river, it gives the stay something special
Geneva
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for more than 20 stays - because my office is nearby.
I have to say that the quality is poor, especially at the Aroma. At the breakfast, there are only trainees, teenagers. Some tried, other just do what they can. I have so may times upset that now, I avoid to go to Aroma for the breakfast and just have a room service instead. The best place is the view from the roof bar. The chinese restaurant ground floor is over-priced. Also, after 2à stays, they still don't ever try to pretend that they remember me at the reception... The location is great, and maybe this is the reason the service becomes lousy ?

KL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was my third business trip to Shanghai and I have made many trips to other parts of China, and this is the best hotel I have stayed in China. The location was great, the wonderful bars and restaurants at the Bund were within walking distance from the hotel. The view of the Shanghai city skyline and river from the hotel room was spectacular. The service at the hotel was impeccable, and the bar and restaurant were of high standard. My stay was made delighfully pleasant by the attentive and fantastic service of the customer service manager Neil Li. If I return to Shanghai, I would certainly stay at the Hyatt at the Bund.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt on the Bund? Share your experiences!