1. Location: In Pudong part of Shanghai, so, generally less crowded than elsewhere in Shanghai. Near a large departmental store and other amenities, like convenience stores, around. Metro station right in front of the hotel. Easy access to Puxi by taxi as well, as easy reach to bridge and tunnel from hotel.
2. Staff: Superbly competent in English, very courteous and welcoming. Full marks here!
3. Room: Spacious, comfortable with great beds. Lovely full-length windows for view of the streets below. Lovely room, in all. One slight drawback, though: There is a huge floor-to-ceiling mirror right in front of one of the beds (I was in a 2-bed room), which is a definite taboo in Chinese culture.
4. Breakfast: Good spread, lots of food, including fruits and beverages, available daily. Taste is so-so but, well, definitely good enough to wake up for.
5. Others: There is a Four Points by Sheraton just next door. Something about the Chinese names of the hotels (and their previous names) makes it common for cabbies to confuse the two. I was dropped off at the wrong one from the airport. However, the staff at Four Points did not just show us the correct way to go; instead, the concierge happily took our luggages and walked us all the way to the correct hotel. It was only a 5-minute walk but still, it was an unexpectedly sweet thing they did. I was touched and very impressed, indeed! :)
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel And Residences Pudong
- Sheraton Shanghai
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel Residences Pudong
- Shanghai Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In central Pudong, metro station nearby and luxury hotel with 24h fitness center. Convenient location. In central Pudong business area, close to Int'l Exhibition Center,EXPO Center and Mercedes-Benz Arena. Easy access to places of interests both in Puxi and Pudong through Nanpu Bridge. Metro station is 1-min away. Dining and Leisure: Hotel features an indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and a fully-service spa. Besides 2 restaurants and lobby lounge at Sheraton, guests could also sign bills at Four Points next door in restaurants and bar. Modern-equipped Guestroom: All spacious rooms are equipped with Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds, 32-inch LCD TV, mini bar, direct-dial telephones with voicemail, Internet and safebox to have laptop. Bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.