I stayed at Sheraton Residences for three and a half weeks this December, got back home a couple days ago. This is my third visit to Shanghai, a first for more than a week.
There are really three hotels on the same property - Sheraton, Sheraton Residences and Four Points by Sheraton. The first two share a lobby, the third one is about fifty feet away.
Residences are different from the regular Sheraton in a few ways. The room is nicer - it is actually two rooms, with a kitchenette and a washing machine. The cleaning service is every other day instead of every day. The price my company paid was pretty low by Shanghai standards for hotels of that type. Not sure how much of that was a company-specific discount.
The breakfast service is excellent, plenty of choices from European to Japanese. The two restaurants, China Court and The Feast, are very good, if a bit expensive. The service was next to flawless overall. The staff does speak fairly decent English. The gym is the usual Sheraton style. There's a pool, a few treadmills, an elliptical, a stepper, some weight machines. I would say they could add a machine or two - a few times the gym got crowded, and this was off-season.
There are a couple of cash machines in the lobby. One is by HSBC, a major bank with links to Bank of America, so if you have a BofA account, you can withdraw money without paying banking fees. My bank charged $5.
Taxi to downtown is 20 to 30 Rmb. There's a subway station in front of the hotel. Shanghai subway is pretty nice, as long as you avoid the rush hour.
The building next to Sheraton Residences tower is a shopping mall. The shops are nothing to write home about - mostly Western brands at Western prices - but there are a few decent cheap restaurants in the basement, and a mini-market where you can get essentials.
I got a tour guide via the TripAdvisor, and I can't recommend the guide service highly enough, it is everything a guide service should be. Search for Ms. CuteMinMin, she has many posts on China-related fora. The guide was excellent - took me around Shanghai, to one of the water villages and to Suzhou (subject to a separate review).
The Four Points part is a bit of a letdown. The restaurant on the top floor, something-or-other-on-29, just plain sucks. The view is nice, the food is substandard. The sports bar isn't too bad when you can find the bar tender, but nothing exceptional. By and large, the Four Points isn't worth the 50 feet walk.
No wireless in the room. The room did have wired Internet, and I ended up setting my own wireless there. Downstairs has wireless, but it's slow and feeble.This being China, Youtube, Picasa, etc. are blocked.
The laundry service is fairly expensive.
Overall, a very nice experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In central Pudong, metro station nearby and luxury hotel with 24h fitness center. Convenient location. In central Pudong business area, close to Int'l Exhibition Center,EXPO Center and Mercedes-Benz Arena. Easy access to places of interests both in Puxi and Pudong through Nanpu Bridge. Metro station is 1-min away. Dining and Leisure: Hotel features an indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and a fully-service spa. Besides 2 restaurants and lobby lounge at Sheraton, guests could also sign bills at Four Points next door in restaurants and bar. Modern-equipped Guestroom: All spacious rooms are equipped with Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds, 32-inch LCD TV, mini bar, direct-dial telephones with voicemail, Internet and safebox to have laptop. Bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel And Residences Pudong
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel Residences Pudong
- Shanghai Sheraton