“A Total Disappointment” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning

You added Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1928 Gonghexin Road, Zhabei District, Shanghai 200072, China (Life Hub DANING)   |
Ranked #87 of 3,976 Hotels in Shanghai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
uk
“A Total Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was expecting a decent hotel with great service. However, it was a total disappointment, in particular the service. The front desk was very impolite, not to say they were not helpful. The breakfast were unpalatable, I wondered how long did the food had been put there. The hotel should be quite new, but obviously, poorly maintained, the key cards (both!!) did not work and you were asked (impolitely) to get back to the front desk to fix it. The only thing I could possibly compliment is the location. However, given the above, I am sure there are some far more better choices!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Amicuk,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced whilst staying with us. We at Four Points Daning understand the importance of fulfilling our guest’s expectations and it concerns me greatly that you have departed our property with a negative impression.

I was most concerned to hear about your unfortunate experience and I am very sorry that I was not aware of this situation and what had happened to you since there was no report or record of such an incident.

In regards to our food quality, we usually receive very good comments on our restaurants and its services and as a practice, we constantly evaluate the standards to improve the overall experience of our guests. I have personally discussed this matter with our Executive Chef who consequently will share your feedback with the team.

And I am sad to hear that our associates and their response have not lifted up to your expectation. We will use your comments during upcoming associate trainings in an effort to improve our service standards.

Please be rest assured that I have personally spoken to the department heads responsible for the areas where your valuable feedback highlighted the need for improvements and accordingly they will follow up with our team in an effort to improve our product and service standard.

In closing we would like to thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Shanghai.

Yvonne Wan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Thai first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Having stayed here 3-4 times in the last year, I have to say this one I enjoy a lot. The hotel is part of a shopping complex called Daning Lief Hub (or something like that) and there are many good restaurant and coffee shop options as well as shopping. Staff are very nice, club floor is run well. Best value for a business traveller in my book if your business will be in this area. Will definitely return!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rs88,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

Thank you for valuable feedback and taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor.

It is our privilege to learn that you love our hotel's location and have had an unforgettable stay at our hotel and that we contributed, in some small way, to making your experience with us an enriching and distinctive one.

Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positive comment and feedback that we able to maintain on our service standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth hospitality of Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning for another exceptional experience.

Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

In the past, I have usually stayed at the Westin and Le Meridien properties in Shanghai, and they are deservedly well respected hotels. This time, I opted for a more reasonably priced option and I am very glad I picked the Four Points Sheraton Daning. Significantly less costly than the others, but a really good choice for business travel.

The staff was efficient and very friendly in every case, breakfast buffet is excellent, the rooms are large and comfortable (great showers, too), and the hotel is directly across the street from a Blue Frog restaurant (if you haven't been to one, these are great restaurants). The hotel is situated in an area called the "Life Hub @ Daning", which is modern shopping area with an assortment of shops and restaurants. And the hotel is just a couple of blocks from Metro Line 1, offering an inexpensive (if crowded) way to get around the city.

I am very happy with this place and I have already booked an additional stay during my current visit to China. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the corner King rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Croozn33,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

It is our privilege to learn that you have had an unforgettable stay at our hotel and that we contributed, in some small way, to making your experience with us an enriching and distinctive one.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights during our three week visit to China. Great hotel, very comfortable beds and bathrooms, wonderful, wonderful location. I would definitely stay here again. Metro is very close by and there are also loads of shops, massage places etc just opposite the hotel. Really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle C,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Daning.

It is our privilege to learn that you love our hotel's location, have had an unforgettable stay at our hotel and that we contributed, in some small way, to making your experience with us an enriching and distinctive one.

Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel. Close to shopping
Area. Not very exciting place to go out.

• Stayed April 2012
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed here during the first part of an extended business assignment. As an elite Starwood member, I got an excellent suite.

The AM breakfast is one of the best I've had in China.

Pros: Rooms, service, etc. all great for business travelers. Also the surroundings are quite happening.

Cons: Tough to get taxis in the AM; does not participate in all Starwood promotions (double-check)

Room Tip: Bring an eye mask, as the curtains don't always close all the way
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on most occassions when I am in Shanghai only because it is close to our Shanghai office. I like the fact that it is surrounded by plenty of stores and restaurants as well as attached to a chinese hypermart that sales everything household at a reasonable China price. The shopping are more upmarket and on the expensive side. Fast food are all here within a few paces from the hotel and within walking distance is the subway station if you care to squeeze in with the locals and pay 10% of what you would a taxi.

A comfortable hotel which is fairly new. Friendly service and good rooms on the small side (for China standard) The worst thing about this hotel is the food. Do not go for the dinner buffet as it is tasteless. Rather walk outside and have something decent instead...I mean how can you have terriyaki chicken tasteless?? I did go for the buffet once and tried a little of most things and ended with filling up on sashimi instead. It was the only thing that actually had taste! even the dessert was hopeless. Breakfast was slightly better. The only half decent food they have is what they serve in room service.

All in all, an ok hotel. Would I recommend? Yes if they fix their breakfast and dinner buffets...it has not improved much in the last 3 years though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai Daning? Share your experiences!