“God place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel

You added Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel to your Saves list
Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel
5.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   No.15 Dapu Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200023, China (Dapuqiao)   |
Ranked #105 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
4.0 of 5 stars 724 Reviews
India
“God place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to Pullman very frequently over the past 12 months and had submitted a review earlier as well. The hotel is excellent in terms of looking after the guests and making them feel comfortable. However, after being here so often, there are few things that the hotel an do to make the experience much better.

1. They need to provide wi-fi in the rooms as it gets very irritating to go to the lobby every time for accessing Internet. While they have cable Internet in rooms, it's not very convenient to work on the same. These Amy's, even the 3 & 4 star hotels provide wi-fi access in rooms, so it's baffling why Pullman has not yet got this sorted out.

2. They need to improve on their breakfast menu as its the same stuff they have been serving for the past so many months. There is no change in the buffet spread, which really gets boring for someone staying longer.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Awaara,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at Pullman Shanghai Skyway.

As you already know, we offer wi fi at the public areas, now we also have mini wi fi routers available that can be set in the room upon request, please do not hesitate in contacting us for any information you may need about this service.

About our breakfast, we have increased the food selection to cover both asian and western needs. I will share your suggestions with my team, if you would like to give us some more comments please do not hesitate in sending us an e-mail to qam@pullmanshanghaiskyway.com.

At Pullman Shanghai Skyway we strive to provide the best customer experience and we are continuously improving the quality of our services.

Thank you again for your sharing your experience and we hope to welcoming you back very soon.

Pullman Shanghai Skyway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ipoh, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Particular to Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, the breakfast is not as good as Grand Mercure and Novotel as the breakfast. Not value for money. Even in Kunshan - Pullman is much better breakfast. Room carpets are like rags. Bathroom - shower tiles not properly clean and from room, you could be able to see the bathroom tiles edges not properly clean.

We went to the Bar at Blu Bar (right above the Karaoke Floor) and was shocked to see no customer at around 10 to 11pm. The interior decoration was 30 years ago and no wonder no attraction.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear kingsoon64,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff right from front desk to chamber maids are courteous and helpful. The taxis are reliable. Unlike the one I took at Sofitel Hyland to Pudong Airport. He charged me Yuan 239!!!! even though their bell boy told me max Yuan 180 depending on traffic condition. My regret was I missed the buffet at Zaffran for dinner. I overslept - too tired adn the bed is too comfortable! I took a trip up there the next morning and I assure you will definitely dine there in my next visit and will not hesitate to recommend to friends.

This room offers a fantastic view. Will definitely chose Pullman when I next visit Shanghai and will recommend it to friends too.

To one and all, good work, keep it up. Really appreciate all your assistance during my stay there. Thank you Riche for checking me in without fuss and also thank you front manager for checking to make sure I get my room quickly, sorry I missed your name.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear mahjongqueen47,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway on TripAdvisor.

I will share your comments with our Front Desk team, I am sure it will serve as encouragement for their daily work.

We hope you will be able to enjoy our buffet dinner at Zaffraan in your next stay - From this "U shape" venue you can see the amazing skyline of Shanghai from different angles whilst enjoying the best seafood in town.

Fidenza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Recommended especially for business purposes. Great level of services, confort and attention viventi to guests.
Good position, perfect skyline during breakfast, vero relaxing after long working dal.
I'll come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear sferraresi,

We really much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway.

I will share your comments with my team, I am sure this feedback will bring them momentum to provide the best customer experience.

We are looking forward to receiving you again and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Yours sincerely,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I spent my last night of a fabulous China holiday the Pullman. My friend & I were really looking forward to being spoilt & we were! Room was spacious, bathroom gorgeous, pool very enjoyable, drinks at Ciel Bar just special with the view of Shanghai at night as a backdrop.
Breakfast next morning really a great selection. Will certainly recommend this hotel to other friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear TarnhouseDidi,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway hotel.

We are glad to read that you had a good time at the pool, enjoyed the breakfast variety at Zaffraan and also the amazing skyline that you can see from Le Ciel.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Regards,

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Been to Beijing and this is the first time to Shanghai. Didn’t know what to expect but it turns out really good. The room was nice and we like the layout of the room where the there’s no door between bedroom and bathroom but just curtain. We love it! It is nice for couples but you might want to check it with the receptionist if you mind with that layout. Went to 50th Floor Blu Bar for some drinks before retiring the night, the view is just breathtaking with the lighting at the bar and the ambience. Of course you cannot compare this with the night view from the bund but this is another side of Shanghai which is amazing too! Will definitely return to this hotel again if I am coming back here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Felicita,

We are very happy that you enjoyed the nice views and the layout of our room. It is a great pleasure for us knowing that your stay exceeded your expectations, I will share your comments with my team.

We are looking forward to receiving you again and we hope your next stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Located in the downtown SHANGAHI, Near METRO LINE 9. NICE VIEW FROM ROOM, A LOT OF SHOPPING MALL AND RESTAURANT SURROUND, WIRTH TO STAY , swimming pool is very good and big, service is good and ontime, but wifi signal is not too good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear wei4321,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway.

Pullman Shanghai Skyway

Been to Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel? Share your experiences!