“What a great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Eton Hotel

You added The Eton Hotel to your Saves list
The Eton Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.535 Pudong Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai 200120, China   |
Ranked #84 of 4,068 Hotels in Shanghai
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Did stay for two nights on business trip in June 2014. Got a warm welcome, by a nice friendly staff, arriving after midnight, and got smiles from all members of the staff in both room service, staff at breakfast buffet and in reception area.

Room was clean, temperature at a comfortable level. Having a selection of more pillows to choose from is an extra plus!

Stayed for the 2nd time this year, and will for sure choose Eton for next business trips to Shanghai. And if i'll come for private holidays i'll choose the Eton, for sure.

Easy to access by both car and subway. Taxi ride to Puding Airport took me less than an hour on a friday morning. On a previous trip i took the subway to Maglev station, and the Maglev highspeed train to Pudong Airport. It took appr. the same time. Taxi ride from Shanghai Hongqiao airport took 45 minutes at around midnight.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Morten T
SirkoOtto, Manager at The Eton Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Mr.MOTODK,

Thank you very much for choosing the Eton Hotel again for your visit to Shanghai.
I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.I' am thrilled that you had an
excellent experience with us and enjoyed our services and facilities. Especially I have taking note of your comments concerning the Food& Beverage department. Thank you.

I' am looking forward to see you again in the future at our beautiful hotel.

China, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have a very satisfied stay in Eton Hotel in Shanghai, I with my parent staied in Shanghai for 3 days, everything in Eton Hotel let me feel so wonderful. I like the rooms, I like the restaurants (Eton Cafe, E-bar and Executive Floor). And I the staffs in this Hotel, they all very helpful and friendly, like Adele, Steven, Emma and many other staffs. I will come back Shanghai for this hotel and also recommend to my friend who want come to Shanghai.

Room Tip: The room have very good view we can see Lujiazui beautiful lights at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cinderella_Yang
SirkoOtto, Manager at The Eton Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Ms.Cinderella_Yang,

Thank you very much to you and your parents for choosing the Eton Hotel for your visit to Shanghai.
I really appreciate you taking your time to comment us on Tripadvisor. I' am delighted that you and your parents had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed our services and facilities.
In particular your comments about our employees, I would like to let you know that we appreciate and value their performance in regards to customer service and looking forward to see them grow further within the company.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The room and amenities of the hotel were fine, but what compelled me to write a review was the outstanding personal touch by one of the Executive Chef's, Maria, who on two occasions went beyond the call to not only make sure I was served in the Eton Cafe after the buffet service had been taken down, but personally prepared a special meal for me on short order. I had originally come to Shanghai for a 3 day trip to manage a difficult situation which spiraled into a 15 day trip with little sleep and even less control over my schedule from hour to hour. In that moment, somehow, she was the one who just made everything right. She just made my problems go away. It's nice to be in a hotel that has your back when your own world may be a little crazy. That's what you can expect here, by my experience. The Eton has your back.

Room Tip: Corner rooms end in "15" and "18".
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SirkoOtto, Manager at The Eton Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Jeff L,

Thank you for choosing the Eton Hotel Shanghai.
I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and give some feedback particular about our Executive Chef Mariateresa Monaco. I' am very excited that you had an excellent experience with us and enjoyed our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sirko

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The Eton Hotel provides anything you could expect from an upscale business hotel for reasonable prices. I have stayed here multiple times and had different rooms and types, but all the rooms are clean and taken care off. Most bathrooms have a glass wall to separate the bathroom from the bedroom and a tv for when you are relaxing in the bathtub. The swimming pool is very nice and so is the gym. The e-bar on the fourth floor is nice, but very quiet and the prices here are over the top. The steak restaurant has great steaks, but again prices are really high. The staff is always friendly and willing to help when traveling throughout Shanghai.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
SirkoOtto, Manager at The Eton Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Goetzed,

Thank you for choosing the Eton Hotel for your visit to Shanghai.
I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and have taking note of your comments concerning the Food & Beverage department. Thank you.
I' am excited that you had an excellent experience with us and enjoyed our services and facilities.
We are looking forward to see you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The five star hotel is for people for it is really affordable. Many elements are good although it is not extremely luxury. Eton is also good for business activities and we often used. It is not far from the financial area so that many banks or companies like to use this hotel for business arrangement. Good value. It will not disappoint you if you choose.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank andrew x
SirkoOtto, Manager at The Eton Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Andrew X,

Thank you for choosing the Eton Hotel for your visit to Shanghai.
I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and give some feedback.
I ' am very exited that you had an excellent experience with us and enjoyed our services and facilities.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights at this great hotel, it was a great experience. Was welcommed by friendly staff late at night, breakfast was good, a good mix of both asian and western type food. My room was nice and clean, bed and pillows good.

Highly recommendable, Will book again on my next Shanghai trip.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SirkoOtto, Manager at The Eton Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Morten T,

Thank you for choosing the Eton Hotel for your visit to Shanghai.
I really appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am
thrilled that you had an excellent experience with us and enjoyed our services and facilities.
It is fantastic to know that we will see you again at your next visit in Shanghai... I' am very excited thank you.
Also thank you for the "Perfect" much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

If you want a affordable hotel close to Pudong, choose Eton. The rooms are spacious and clean. And I love to sit in the bath tub after a long day of work and look at the view. Great service and good breakfast.
ask for a room in the upper floors for a great view!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SirkoOtto, Manager at The Eton Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear HannaKaarinaH,

Thank you for choosing the Eton Hotel Shanghai.
I really appreciate you have taken the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I' am really happy that you had an excellent experience with us and enjoyed our overall service and facilities...I' am honored, thank you.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Eton Hotel in the near future.