Not all facilities are made to host corporate training. Sun Island is one of the few that I would rate as not suitable for team corporate training. It does have impressive space and good and helpful staff that gave their best. It is the customer-centric organization of facilities that provide the main issue. We spent plenty of time wasted on internal transport. Here is the routine that I will have to go through:
1. My accommodation is in location B. I will have to take an internal bus to location A for my meals and the bus again to location C which house the seminar room. Imagine moving 25 participants through this process for every meals!!!
2. Accommodation is clean. My biggest complaint is that the bed is too hard for comfort. It is like sleeping on a wooden plank surface.
I must give credit to the maintenance of the place. The team has worked hard on this. Equipment that are given to us are working well. Places are kept neat and clean.
Could be a great place for personal reflection but definitely not a place for corporate program
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Island Resorts, Shanghai is a leisure and wellness resort destination, located just outside of Shanghai city, surrounded by lush greenery and the Mao River, upstream of Huangpu River. The resort is a perfect escape from the busy streets of Shanghai with just 50-minute drive from Shanghai city or Pudong International Airport.With two 18-hole international golf courses, a man-made beach with wave pool and wide range of activities such as horse riding, handicraft workshop, yacht cruise and go-kart, the resort is an ideal getaway for the holidaymakers. The Wellness Research Centre on the island integrates Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) into spa treatments coupled with nutrition and wellness programme such as yoga and meditation to further enhance your wellbeing, is a sanctuary for guests to rejuvenate. With its iconic Mao Pagoda overlooking the island, one of the five ancient lighthouses left in China, ancient food streets and plenty of space, Sun Island Resorts, Shanghai offers a unique venue for teambuilding, incentive parties with an Oriental theme and for events and exhibitions. The Sunshine conference center in the resort offers state-of-the-art conference facilities for up to 500 people with ample meeting rooms for break out sessions or intimate high-powered meetings. Sun Island Resorts, Shanghai is an ideal getaway destination for guests looking to rejuvenate from the pressures of the big city and for corporate meetings and retreats to recharge the team for future challenges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sun Island Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Island Hotel Shanghai