Arriving in this hotel August the 16th of 2013
What a surprise in such a luxury and fashion hotel !
The air aspiration system is switched off everyday in the whole hotel ( aspiration in the bathrooms of all the rooms ) and there is no opening windows. After more than one hour talk with the engineer manager and guest service manager, they have confessed the problem about this dirty air.
The reason is probably cost savings, but this practice is unlawful.
No fresh air is let into the hotel and rooms. At all times it smells in the upper floors corridors. At lunch and diner time, it smells food in the whole lobby.
Guests could have a bad sleep and rest, thinking the problem is coming from themselves, as they confuse this system with the air conditioning system (which works on a close loop circuit inside the rooms)
Guests’s health, due to highly polluted air, bad sleep and headache, and risk for the airline crew that often sleep there.
Information to :
Le Meridien headquarters, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, White plains, NY, USA.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Shanghai Hotel
- Le Royal Meridien Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Meridien Shanghai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish and sophisticated with an ultra-modern design, Le Royal Meridien Shanghai is one of Shanghai's tallest landmarks, and its location at the centre of Shanghai on the historic Nanjing Road East, opposite the People's Square and overlooking the Shanghai Museum and Shanghai Grand Theater, puts guests at the heart of one of the world's most exciting cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.