“Comfortable, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New Harbour Service Apartments

You added New Harbour Service Apartments to your Saves list
New Harbour Service Apartments
3.5 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   No.88 Yongshou Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200021, China (Formerly New Harbour Serviced Apartments) (Yu Garden)   |
Ranked #109 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
4.0 of 5 stars 472 Reviews
Beijing, China
“Comfortable, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Nice serviced apartments, we stayed 3 nights in a 3 bedroom suite and had nothing to complain about. Staff was nice, the people from the front office speak English.
Basic stuff in the kitchen (plates, bowls, chopsticks, cups) If you need anything else, you have to rent it (2 RMB for items like spoons or knives) which seems a bit strange in a serviced property.
The apartment was clean and comfortable. The location is very convenient : close to a subway station, the Museum, the Bund ... and there are several shops around.
Very good stay.

Room Tip: We asked for an apartment on a high floor and enjoyed great views .
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Spacious rooms with kitchenette, living area, and necessary appliances. Pool, sauna, hot tub are great. Location allows a walk or short bus/subway to all the main things in central Shanghai. We had a great time here.

Room Tip: All were fine - no noise from any side.
Beijing, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at a 3 bedroom suite at the New Harbor Service Apartments. My first impression was that it was nice, but that opinion changed later on. You cannot get more tea bags in your room, (it comes with 2 per day) without paying about 5¥. Tacky. The first night, I had an ok time. The second night, however, was a different story. I switched rooms (we had a three room apartment). In the new room I went to, I took a shower and was ready to lay down and have a nice sleep. It didn't go as planned. I was sitting on my bed when I noticed a bedbug crawling across the top blanket. I ripped the bed apart and found 4 (not including what may or may not have been in the mattress). I killed the bedbugs and took them down in my hand to the man at the front desk. He asked me what my room number was, and he told me he would send a housekeeper to my room to get them off the bed. I told him I already tore the bed apart and he said "Ok then what is problem?" He showed absolutely no intention of making sure that there wasn't an infestation or anything, no, he was more interested in other things. In other hotels, there are some things called standards. When a bedbug is found, they will hire exterminators to make sure the problem is gone. Here they did not care whatsoever. Have fun getting your blood sucked!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We booked a week with a 1 b'rm apartment but we're upgraded to a 2 bedroom which was great. The apartments are in a great location only a short walk to Peoples Park and Square, Shanghai Museum. Close to the intersection of the Bund, French Concession and Old Town areas. Also close to Yunnan st with lots of low cost restaurants. Well priced, generous floor space and rooms cleaned each day. Helpful reception staff. We had no issues what so ever and would happily stay here again. Good views high up. We looked towards the park but other rooms face the Bund area.

Room Tip: Go high! A better view and a little less traffic noise - though it is shanghai!
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Base on many good reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor, we booked this apartment through booking.com. On the first moment when I checked in, a staff asked me gave him my credit card for deposit. I booked for 4 night from 4-April to 8-April and total cost around 3,100 RMB. A receptionist asked me deposit 4,000 RMB, after he got my card he charged 4,000 RMB on my card, I was a bit worried and asked him why did you charge my card as if you need a deposit you just make a copy of my card, he answered me rudely : I will return money for you, ok?. In the second night, my boyfriend paid all money for 4 nights so in the next morning I asked them to cancel my deposit after I made another deposit 100$ by cash for them. Since the cancellation for my deposit till now (after 2 weeks) I have not gotten back my money, this is really annoyed thing and I sent them two email but nobody replies me. How can I do now? are they going to steal my money?. Is there anybody had a same thing like this as me?.

Room Tip: Bring enough cash for deposit then you can get it back when you check out
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed 5 days and it was a comfortable experience for our family. Arrived early and was allocated our room immediately. Had a one bedroom apartment but it came without a kitchen and washing machine which we were not keen in using. Location is excellent with lot's of eatery and shops and the subway '"Dashijie'' is just within 5mins walk. Popular attractions (the bund,city god temple) is quite a distant (about10-20mins) if you choose to walk but its reasonable to take a taxi (RMB15).If you are planning a trip to Zhujiajiao (water village), the express bus terminal at Pulan Road is just next to the the subway Dashijie, exit 3.
The rooms are cleaned daily and the housekeeper are rather friendly and approachable if you need extra amenities. The concierge was pretty helpful and was more than willing to assist you to hail a taxi whenever you needed one. One downside is that the walls are pretty thin and we could hear the conversation in the adjacent room. Otherwise, the overall experience was good and the stay was comfortable as the room was huge for a family of four.

Room Tip: Twin beds (one bedroom apartment) are pretty large and could comfortably sleep 2 person unless you a...
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed in the past 3 years about 10 times at this location. Some times it is better than others. On my last trip at the end of 2013 I reported heating issues with the heater/ac. This trip due to relative mild weather I did not need to use either heat or AC. I had a room on 22nd floor it was clean and quiet. Only issue I had this stay was that on my last night at the hotel, the maid never left the additional towels she took when she cleaned the room. So no foot towel and no extra hand towel for my use. I had to use the only hand towel I had the last night as a foot towel in the bathroom.

Again, this is a good place to stay at, but I have stayed here many times and some times are better than others.

Room Tip: Check that every thing works ok immediately when you go to the room for the first time. That AC/Heat...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to New Harbour Service Apartments? Share your experiences!