“Well worth a visit on the way to Yu Gardens” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #273 of 840 attractions in Shanghai
Toronto, Canada
34 attraction reviews
“Well worth a visit on the way to Yu Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

At the south end of the Bund, by Renmin road, this park is well worth a visit if you're in the area (I stopped by on my way from the Bund to Yu Gardens). If you look back from the Renmin Street entrance, there is a great view of the skyline in Pudong.

The park has very well maintained grounds, and was also home to numerous people doing their morning exercise, and even a ballroom dancing troop by the rather impressive gate entrance. There is a restaurant area with some seating as well.

I left by the Gate exit, and had an interesting walk along the street until I found myself in the shopping bazaar adjacent to the Yu Gardens complete with a Haagen Dazs restaurant and two Starbucks outlets, one of which I know serves pretty good coffee.

Visited October 2012