“The best Beijing duck in Shanghai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lao Beijing Restaurant

Lao Beijing Restaurant
No.1 South Henan Road, Shanghai, China (Pudong International Airport)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #200 of 11,638 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Pudong International Airport
“The best Beijing duck in Shanghai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Tried Beijing duck in different places but LaoBeijing is the best. Highly recomend! We tried the most expencive one but sure that cheaper choice wont disappoint you.

Brisbane
“Great Peking Duck.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Farewell dinner with a couple of friends. The place looks historically regal, and the service is great. Food comes out rather quick, as was evident when our lazy susan ran out of room for our dishes. Of course, we ordered the peking duck. It comes out with a carver who carves it at your table; one plate with meat, one plate with skin. Peking duck carcass made into soup, and the usual accompaniments of peking duck are given. Delicious, and the pancakes and vegies are complimentary refilled! we ordered plenty of dishes, around 6-7 for a total of around 618Yuan! Cheap and Tasty!

Visited January 2013
montana
“Duck is Big Time on the menu!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I looked forward to this first dinner in Shanghai. They do a huge business and I saw no other westerners. The food was superb, however it was brought out at varying times that made the dining experience disjointed and long. Another odd thing happened in that no napkins were brought or paper available and when my partner asked, they said they charge to provide them...I did not ask how much. I paid the usd equivalent $32 bill and tipped the waiter who was young and attentive. However as we left my fiancee and I encountered trouble. It was now dark, raining and the temperature had dropped. We asked for help getting a cab and the three "fixture welcoming hostess girls" each wearing a wool overcoat due to conditions, said there was no help nor telephone available, so we soldiered on to the curb. We then spent 20 minutes freezing during which two cabs stopped but each driver said no to taking us to our hotel about 2 miles in the opposite direction. We then re-entered the restaurant, I speak limited Chinese but my partner is fluent - I again asked the girls to help by making a call for a taxi, again they responded negatively, now I approached the counter behind them and a middle aged woman read my body language as I asked her for the Manager or someone who spoke English. I indicated that we were freezing and needed some help. She understood and immediately began using the phone to get a cab. After 20 minutes of valiant attempts she told us they would not come, and to cross the street a block away at the crosswalk and try there. My northern Chinese partner then spent another 25 minutes in the miserable conditions while I, sadly much older, had to wait in a little storefront. Finally a taxi took us. This whole episode did not give us warm and fuzzies about Shanghai as a World Class city.

• Visited January 2013