“Great food, fast service, western style.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of City Bull Steakhouse and Bar - Nanjing Rd.

City Bull Steakhouse and Bar - Nanjing Rd.
300 Nanjing East Rd. | 2nd floor, Shanghai, China (People's Square)
+86 21 3330 2339
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #886 of 11,640 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: People's Square
“Great food, fast service, western style.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I took my Chinese girlfriend here because we saw pulled pork and jalapeño poppers on the menu, and I wanted her to try both. The jalapeño poppers were satisfactory, nothing to write home about, still tasty. The pulled pork sandwich was satisfactory as well, again, nothing too impressive. I like a pulled pork sandwich with a lot of BBQ sauce, and the one that I got didn't really have a good amount. The overall atmosphere is what makes this place great. I'm from Boston, and enjoy places like Whiskeys, pourhouse, and bean town pub, and this was very much like all of those places. There was a foosball table right when you walk in the door, a quaint stocked bar, and ample seating for a lunch crowd. The service was excellent, fast, English speaking, and efficient. I've lived in hangzhou for almost 2 years and rarely find Coors Light on a menu, I ordered it, but as expected; meiyou. I knew it was too good to be true, I was still happy to see it on the menu. Overall, the place got my attention, and I'll be sure to visit one of their 4 locations again during my next trip to Shanghai.

Hong Kong, China
“Above average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Apart from the fact that there is very little advertising outside, I cannot fathom why this place is so quite. The food was very good, cooked the way I ordered, the beer was great and the service was as expected. Will definitely eat here again on a regular basis. Above average Western food in Shanghai.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Great service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am living in Chengdu, China for the year and was passing through Shanghai for the day. I stumbled across this restaurant while wandering around Nanjing road. I have had my share of Chinese food so I welcomed some western food. It was a great meal with friendly service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leeds
“Great food, great service and wonderful entertainment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you are sick of Chinese food and want some freshly prepared western food this is the place to come.

I had the burger and my partner had the pulled pork sandwich - both great dishes with many other great choices on the menu to choose from!

Plenty of drinks selection from fine wines to great imported beers.

Atmosphere was brilliant.. You wouldnt think you were located in a shanghai shopping mall! Full of English / Americans and there was even a live band on which was a pleasant surprise. Also they had big screens showing sports from across the globe.

Staff were friendly and spoke really good English.

All in all a great experience - I will defiantly be returning when I next visit shanghai!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
shanghi
“have always fun here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

normally I go once a week to have some drinks there and chat with the waitress (Any) and the Manager and play some table soccer. The food I never tried but the other guest's seems to enjoy it.
I really like the relaxed atmosphere and the friendly people. They got a good collection if red wine and the price is reasonable

Rico