“I would not recommend this hotel to a friend!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Everbright Exhibition Center Grand Hotel

You added Everbright Exhibition Center Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Everbright Exhibition Center Grand Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.66 Caobao Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai 200235, China (Everbright Convention and Exhibition Center)   |
Ranked #1,246 of 3,933 Hotels in Shanghai
venice, Italy
“I would not recommend this hotel to a friend!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Hotel is very convenient for people who attend exhibition at the Everbright Convention Centre. That's the only positive thing i can reckon from this hotel.
The room is small and was not cleaned well. This is a cheap hotel so I didn't expect much but was below the normal standard. I would not recommend this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife booked the hotel, and was immediately told that I had been upgraded too business class at no extra cost. This was great and I couldnt wait to see the room. The hotel is big and the staff seemed a bit cold but I was impressed with the size of the room, and the breakfast that came with the room was satisfactory. I feel this hotel had perhaps enjoyed better days. I though the breakfast staff were good though and always kept my coffee mug full.

Also the hotel is very near the Caobao metro station which to me was very important. You will always get a strong smell of tobacco from Chinese hotels until the managers ban smoking.

all in all quite satisfactory.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a business suite at no extra cost. maybe because my wife booked me under my wester...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Shanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

As per title: the room was big, just like the hotel lobby. The hotel was within 100 meters of the exhibition centre, so ideal for this business trip. For vacation purposes I would never stay here: the staff is absolutely not interested in helping you. They seem to be more busy talking to each other than anything else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is a shockingly poor hotel. Staff are dressed in old, tatty uniforms which reflect the old and tatty rooms. My bedroom stank of smoke, had chewing gum on the floor, no working AC, no working fridge and was not cleaned well at all.

Avoid this hotel at all costs. The Hua Ting up the road is, although still a bit rough, far better than this place. I honestly believe it should be condemned.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Athens, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days to attend a conference. The conference room was very good and the air conditioning worked. However, in the hotel lobby and rooms the air conditioner was running but the rooms were hot and stuffy. It seems that it could not keep up and it was the end of September. I can only imagine what it would be like to stay here during the summer.

We did not have a problem with the hot water.

1. The hotel overcharges for the rooms, you can book for half price by using a third party, my colleagues were paying $135/night at the conference because they booked directly at the hotel web site. I had the same room and paid $65/night although I prepaid.

2. Usually Chinese hotel staff are flexible and accommodating. Not in his case. We went to breakfast with no cash, they refused to put the breakfast charge on our room at both the restaurant and front desk, so I went back to the room, got my cash and we went out for a nice Chinese breakfast.

3. The restaurant served buffet style food which is average for a hotel buffet, but many times, I opted to go out and have a fresh cooked meal.

4. The hotel is old and the rooms look dirty.

5. The elevators are too slow when you are in a hurry. Fortunately, the hotel was not very full so the wait for the elevators were not insufferable.

6. Room service would forget to replace shampoo and soap each day.

I would not advise staying at this hotel, there are many other hotels nearby that might be cheaper and do not pay the full price whatever you do.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Everbright Exhibition Center Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!