This is a really nice, genuine ***** hotel in Shanghai, in a really excellent location - 15 mins to the Bund, 5 mins to People's Square. It's not as glitzy-modern and tall as other ***** hotels, and Shanghai (especially Pudong) leans towards the privileging of such glitzy-modernness, but I don't, and I find hotels of this style very nice.
There are three things I would single out: First, the excellent, large pool with good facilities which really makes lap swimming possible, a really big asset for the stressed business traveller both before and after meetings.
Second, we received an upgrade to a very nice, spacy suite with a nice jacuzzi bath - because something we had specified in our reservations was not available. That was not necessary on the hotel's part, but it was a very nice touch.
Most importantly, third, I forgot a very valuable item in my safe and only realized that after having left for a provincial city far away. The problem was solved to perfection - the item was found, well-wrapped, sent via express and insured, and arrived very well just after two days at my new place. A great many thanks and commendation go to Tom, the Assistant Manager! I should add that my ID etc were carefully checked so that it was really me who got the item. All of this, by the way, cost me €5. If a hotel is that honest, reliable, pro-active, and also courteous to a former guest, that is the place to stay. Hence, this is my recommendation for Shanghai, and I would always come back here.
Strongly recommended - in the end, stay in a great hotel where you can be sure of the safety of you and your belongings!
- Also Known As:
- Majesty Plaza Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Majesty Plaza Shanghai Hotel
- Majesty Plaza Hotel Shanghai
- Ramada Shanghai
- Ramada Plaza Shanghai
- Shanghai Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxurious business class hotel, situated four kilometers from the Shanghai Railway Station, is close to Nanjing Road. Guests will enjoy proximity to the Oriental Pearl Tower, the Bund, Shanghai Grand Theater, Shanghai Government Building, and the People’s Square. The 387 modern guestrooms are adorned with ultra trendy decorations and new furnishings that are comfortable and colored with soothing... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Expedia, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Majesty Plaza Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.