I was a tourist and the first 3 days of my 11 day visit to China I stayed at this hotel. It was booked by my tour agency. The only bad experience was at check-in . I had a confirmed reservation for a king bed and the hotel could not accomodate it. Also, i was a Holiday inn priority club member which usually is good for at least a free drink and sometimes an upgrade but not at this hotel . You may want to pay a few more bucks and ask for a deluxe room on their executive floor. There is an exercise room and lounge access if you do. I was booked into a standard room on the 10th floor which although a bit small was acceptable as it had all the necessary amenities and everything worked. There is construction going on behind the hotel and the hotel itself is on a busy street so you want to book a high floor.
Breakfast was included and the food quality was quite good. Service was excellent at the restaurant. They even allowed us to have breakfast early one day when we had an early call on a guided tour.
One thing to keep in mind though is that around rush hour this hotel is a longish though not too expensive cab ride to the downtown Shanghai area .Most of the tourist attractions are located in around the Bund and Nanjing Road where the more pricey hotels are located. The nearest fine restaurants to the hotel are a 20 minute cab ride away in an area called Xin Tiandi in the French Concession. Pricey by chinese standards but well worth the visit .
For those of you who arrive with lap tops you will encounter sticker shock at this hotel. Expect to pay $13 an hour for internet access.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Vista Shanghai Hotel
- Holiday Inn Vista Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Holiday Inn Shanghai
- Shanghai Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista is strategically located on Chang Shou road at the intersection of Pu Tuo, Jin An and Chang Ning districts, the hotel is only 10 minutes drive distance from City Center.Just 20 minutes drive from the Hong Qiao Airport, 55 minutes from the Pudong International Airport and 5 minutes from the Shanghai Railway station, the hotel is perfectly situated for business, sightseeing and shopping.Holiday Inn Shanghai Vista has 290 contemporarily designed guestrooms including 4 Executive floors, 6 Non-smoking floors, 59 suites and 1 Shanghai Suite.The hotel features 2 Lounges & 1 Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Ctrip DaoDao, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Vista Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.