I spent 6 nights at this hotel in a Superior Double Room.
The room was quite small with little space for large luggage.
But overall the room was above average when it came to cleanliness, modern feel and furnishings.
The best part of the room was the shower, which has a glass wall letting out onto the bedroom area. This gave a much larger feel to the room.
Some low points were:
1. We arrived at 10am and had to wait until 2pm for our room (even though check-in time was noon)
2. We initially had dirty sheets. (they were changes as soon as we asked)
3. Staff was very helpful but English was scarce. Staff also were not very helpful when it came to recommendations.
4. There was a foul smell coming from the drainage system in the bathroom
1. Breakfast was good (though same thing every day) and not too expensive
2. The hotel is extrememly central and just walking distance from the heart of Old Town. It is also walking distance from the Bund and if you are really adventurous, walking distance to French Concession as well.
3. I never found a problem getting a taxi. They were always right outside the hotel.
4. Beds were very comfortable
I would highly recommend this hotel is you are traveling on a middle-priced budget and want someplace central to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Super Great location in the historic 1931 YMCA building!This hotel has joined the new mid scale Jinjiang MetroPolo Hotel chain July 2014. We hope you can look forward to some superb updates and the refresh to both product and hospitality throughout the year. Ask about the larger rooms overlooking the park for just a little more money you can spread out on your trip. Good local cuisine featured in the 3 meal a day leased out cafe. Please check out the new brand website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Jinjiang MetroPolo Hotel Classiq Shanghai Peoples' Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ymca Hotel