It was a 12 day trip for business.
I had the option to go for Frasier Residences which is nearby, and more expensive but I decided to stick to my guns and choose this strange looking boutique style hotel.
I am impressed with a couple of things.
1) Location is one as I can walk to the office.
2) And food was relatively easy to find with so many choices within a 15 minutes walk radius.
3) Citibank is just next door .. AWESOME
4) Shopping options are endless along the Shanghai Times Square street 5 mins away
5) The rooms are gorgeous, and huge
6) Nice comfy mattress and pillows
7) Reception spoke understandable English
8) That shower is outstanding ... feels like playing in the rain every day
Average rating for ;
1) Breakfast was boring. Menu was the same daily. Choice of bread and pastries or Chinese style.
2) My room had practically no view at all, facing the side of a building
Very disappointed with ;
1) Online TV Room Order System. Looked fully functional until you actually order. In a heartbreak, I found out 30 mins later that the system is actually not functional, and I actually missed my lunch because of it. If it aint functional, than can you at least put a sign to say it is not working, than make us order and wait for nothing.
2) Internet speeds not acceptable. The internet speeds were atrocious. Its like you are still on a 90s modem. And because I was there for work, its hard to get my stuff done and uploaded.
Overall, I think the experience was memorable, just the points that smeared the stay. Very hospitable boutique hotel in a very convenient location.
Back to Shanghai Pudong International Airport is a mere 45 min taxi ride across scenic Shanghai on the Expressway right from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Super Great location in the historic 1931 YMCA building!This hotel has joined the new mid scale Jinjiang MetroPolo Hotel chain July 2014. We hope you can look forward to some superb updates and the refresh to both product and hospitality throughout the year. Ask about the larger rooms overlooking the park for just a little more money you can spread out on your trip. Good local cuisine featured in the 3 meal a day leased out cafe. Please check out the new brand website. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Jinjiang MetroPolo Hotel Classiq Shanghai Peoples' Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ymca Hotel