“Wonderful and stress-free stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai to your Saves list
Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.20 Nanjing East Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai 200002, China (The Bund)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off Room Rate
Ranked #4 of 3,734 hotels in Shanghai
Tokyo
“Wonderful and stress-free stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My choice was perfect. Services and atmosphere were more than I expected. Rooms are spacious (including separate bathtub and shower) and well equipped. I liked the hotels' chic atmosphere very much.
Responses to check-in/out, troubles in rooms (ex. safety box) were very quick and smooth. It was a stress-free stay.

I stayed the hotel for three nights, but I'd like to stay a few more nights, if possible.
Definitely, I would stay this hotel for next time in Shanghai.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Sabomomo,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us at the Fairmont Peace Hotel. I greatly appreciate this opportunity you have given me to be able to recognize our colleagues for providing outstanding service to you during your stay.

I certainly hope that you will plan a return to Shanghai and our colleagues would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show our warm and engaging hospitality once again.

712 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent location - steps from the Bund - easily recognizable at night for a foreigner on business for a short time...and provides for some of the best amenities - large room, illy coffee in room, large bathroom (but then I am yet to come across a small bathrooms in similar rated hotels in China), a few TV channels in English. Some of the concerns were WiFi (spotty), carpet in the hallway (too plush and made walking in dress shoes a difficult), Gym (very very small for the hotel size) and the jazz lounge (again too small with little space between smoking and non- section). The tea lounge is very popular with interesting skills demonstrated during refills...the server walks up to my table, waives his arms to shake the hot water tea service and pours in a wide-tall-extended action. The giant gesture is a grand sight, makes for a good show and a perfect picture the second time (you've got to see it to believe it). There is a nice coffee shop at the second entrance which is neglected by patrons so I had most of my meetings there....good Americano option available at 3pm (fresh brew). Perhaps the most attractive feature of the hotel after its grand ceiling in the lobby is the restaurant on the 9th floor - Cathay Room. I got a table by the window....while the views of the Bund and Huangpu river are magnificent anytime, they truly get majestic after 8pm when the lights come on. Note to myself - eat after 8pm next time. The wine list is attractive if you get a bottle, only one half-way-decent option if you want one by the glass. A second note - come with someone who enjoys wine. Food quality is good (not excellent given the price). Overall, you'll love it just as I did since I was close to the Bund, enjoy history, architecture, old buildings, tea with a show and live jazz....time well spent in Shanghai.

Room Tip: Most rooms face indoors...be specific if you want Bund or Huangpu river views. I asked for the view...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear BlueSky411

I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback about your overall experience at our iconic property. I am very happy to report to you that in this past week we have just completed a significant upgrade to our Bandwidth for our internet service that we are sure will address any concerns in the past. We are always looking for ways to improve and always taking the feedback and suggestions from our guests to heart.

I will look forward to sharing your feedback with our team and we certainly hope that you will find your way back to Shanghai so that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Fantastic location. Excellent service. A classic luxury hotel with a lot of charm and character. When you walk in you can feel and see the history of this hotel. Rooms were well built and maintained. Not huge nor small just right. Restaurant was good and from the windows you get to see a very nice view of shanghai Harbour . Excellent in every way for the price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Rock H,

We are so delighted to hear that your experience here at our iconic property was so enjoyable. We truly appreciate that you took that time to share your feedback, and I will look forward to recognizing our colleagues for their excellent service to you.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Fairmont Peace hotel should your travels lead you back to Shanghai.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is stunning and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Rooms are excellent and very well equipped. The hotel is situated right on the Bund and is fantastically positioned to experience the hustle, bustle and majesty of this amazing city. The sky scene at night is one to behold.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
George W, General Manager at Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Markws24,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share with the travelling public your most recent experiences at our property. I could not have said it better as our location truly is unbeatable in Shanghai, and I am very pleased that you were comfortable and well cared for during your stay.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is just wonderfully decorated. Stylish rooms (we stayed in a suite), pleasant but not overbearing staff and a great Bund location. I live in Shanghai but my wife, toddler son and I went for a break from it all.on new year's eve. It was an excellent stay. Only not-so-positive point was the breakfast selection although the quality was very good. Recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear allover P,

I would like to sincerely thank you for coming to stay with us at our iconic property and for also taking the time to share your feedback so that we can work on fine tuning our service. I will look forward to sharing your very nice feedback with the team here. We greatly value your insight on the services you experienced, and I can assure that we will take the time to follow up and take advantage of this opportunity.

I sincerely hope that your travels will bring you back to Shanghai in the near future and I we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show you our warm hospitality once again.

General Manager.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Where to begin? I consider the Fairmount Peace Hotel the major perk of my travels to China. When you wake up in the morning thinking you're at home...that's how comfortable it is. Well located. The jazz bar, the restaurant at breakfast , the staff, the beds...I'm there again on November!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear 25brucel25,

I am absolutely delighted that you had such a memorable experience during your stay at our iconic property while in Shanghai. I want to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with your fellow travelers and for also allowing me the opportunity to share your feedback with the entire team here at the Fairmont Peace Hotel.

We will look forward to welcoming you back this coming November and showing you are warm and engaging hospitality once again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was last in Shanghai in 2007 and wanted to have a look in the famed Peace Hotel, but unfortunately it was closed for renovations. At the time I said, should I return I would stay at the Peace Hotel. Fastfoward to 2013 and indeed I did return and yes I did stay at the Peace!

The hotel has been immaculately restored, nothing has been missed........it is superb. Fairmont has done a great job with the renovation and staff training. Our room was large and beautifully appointed; the bathroom was so luxurious I did not want to leave! All credit must be given to the interior designers who did an amazing job decorating this Art Deco palace. The guest rooms are large and luxurious and I loved the chandelier and Art Deco dressing table..........so glamorous old Shanghai.

We ate a very good breakfast each day in the stunning Dragon Phoenix Restaurant (which looked like something out of the Forbidden City). We also enjoyed a lovely high tea served from a chrome shadow box. Do make sure you visit the famed Jazz Bar (most entertaining and good to see these aged gents still playing there). We also did a tour of the hotel, which was a fascinating insight into this legendary hotel (and you get to see all the restaurants, bars and some suites, we saw the American Suite and a Riverview Suite and both were stunning). The pool and facilities were also first class.

This is one of the most famous hotels in the World and one the best also!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear cityhotelsightseeing,

It truly gives me great pride and pleasure to read your wonderful feedback on your recent stay with us at our iconic property. Reading through all the details of the experiences you had at our property really shows that you took full advantage or your stay with us and I truly appreciate that. Being able to share your feedback to our team will help me to truly show them how much we appreciate all of their hard work and service provided to you and all our guests.

Your experience really speaks to what we strive to achieve for all of our guests and these comments will allow us to share the story and continue to inspire our team to always do more for our guests.

We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and showing you our warm hospitality once again.

General Manager.

Been to Fairmont Peace Hotel Shanghai? Share your experiences!