“Comfortable Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai

You added The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai to your Saves list
The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.889 Dongfang Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200122, China (Formerly The St. Regis Shanghai) (Lujiazui)   |
Ranked #70 of 3,925 Hotels in Shanghai
AHMEDABAD
“Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was there on an official trip and stayed for 5 nights. Overall it is a comfortable place to stay but not great. Rooms is very well decorated but the view from my balcony was a bit disappointing. Reception area is good and check-in and Check-out process was smooth.

I did not have food there except for breakfast, which was extremely good. Service by the staff waiting in on us was great.

Location of this place is nice and cabs are available at anytime and the hotel staff helps with it. Tariff was also very affordable.

Overall i was quite satisfied with this Hotel and would visit again, if needed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us such a generous review.I am delighted to acknowledge that you are overall satisefied with your stay at our hotel.

Here, I would like to share with you that we are in the process of planning renovations.I do hope you could enjoy this after the project is completed.

Thank you again for your kindness and support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Liu Zong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My second stay in this hotel and I'll definitely come back for a third time. Kind staff, good infrastructure and nice restaurant/bar.
It just takes a few minutes to the next subway station from that you can reach the city centre for 3 RMB within minutes.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a generous review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel and would like to choose us again.

Thank you again for your kindness and continuous support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is about 5 min walk to a nearby subway station so it's convenient for travelers who prefer public transportation. Room is very large and super swanky with mahogany panel and doors. A mix of old world and contemporary design give guess a sense of coziness. Staffs were helpful but not truly friendly as you would expect from a luxury collection hotel! The breakfast at the executive floor was sumptuous and delicious with fresh produce. Next door to the hotel is a truly upscale but reasonable Shanghai cuisine restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking time to write us review. I am pleased to know that you are alomost satisfied with your stay at our hotel.

Rebuilding a young and energetic team with an attitude of going extra miles to assist the guests is our number one priority of hotel operation. I thank you for your comments, which serves a good voice of customer and is the expectation that I can personally communciate to my team for a better service delivery.

Once again, thank you for your time and comments. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

It is indeed a luxury hotel, with the best point being the size of the rooms. I think the only thing that kept me away from a 5 is the hospitality. But I guess after visiting so many hotels in india the bar is high up.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a generous review. I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel. Your compliment is definitely a big source of motivation to the entire team.

Thank you again for your kindness. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Aventura, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel all together 4 days. It was good experience. Good location. Good service.
Comfortable bed. Excellent service. We rooms at executive floor. Executive lounge was comfortable. Breakfast buffet was on 39th floor. Most of the time we were out of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed for 8 nights on a business trip to Shanghai. The hotel is great. Older style but big rooms, excellent service and most of the staff speak pretty good english. The only downside is the location which is really out of the way. Taxis for what ever reason quite often don't seem keen to go there so sometimes it takes a bit of an effort to find a cab to go back to the hotel but that is not in anyway the hotels issue. I would definitely stay there again when I next go to Shanghai

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a generous review.I am delighted to acknowledge that you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel.It is a great honor for us to be your next stay in Shanghai. Your compliment is definitely a big source of motivation to the entire team.

Manlius, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I spent more than a week at the Hongta Hotel, overall a very good stay. Location is very convenient, with a lot of dining options nearby and several lines of metro available at walking distance. The room was clean, big, and comfortable, the bed and linens of superior quality. I enjoyed the view of the SWFC every morning and night. Breakfast and internet were free with the good rate I got. Breakfast has a great selection of food, all excellent. I made use of the swimming pool a few times, very clean and great for relaxing. The personnel is outstanding for courtesy and helpfulness. The downside is that the hotel started showing the sign of time. I was here in 2008 when it was the St. Regis and things were newer back then. Now carpets in corridors and room have faded colors, my room seemed to have a bit of old smoke smell, the gym has old equipment and old carpet, the locker rooms of the pool were so-so. Overall it was a very good stay. Some renovation would bring back the hotel to the top.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Liu_Zong, General Manager at The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us review.I am delighted to acknowledge that you are overall satisefied with your stay at our hotel.

Liu Zong

Been to The Hongta Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Shanghai? Share your experiences!