“Every little thing matters” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel

You added Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.5 Zunyi South Road, Changning District, Shanghai 200336, China (Hongqiao)   |
Ranked #118 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
Liaoning
“Every little thing matters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I love the staff here with a very strong distinguished sense. One rainy day I was followed by a stranger who want to sell me something to hotel entrance. I was really upset and told security staff of hotel about this annoying tail. The staff stopped guy and made me feel very secured. I will stay at this hotel as much as possible.

Room Tip: Pick the room facing south which is a bit bigger
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at out Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. We are so glad that you spent a pleasant time and satisfied with our service. It is our responsiblity to keep our guest safe during their stay at out hotel. Meanwhile, one of Sheraton's core value is to create a Home away Home for our guest. Sincerely hoep you will come back again with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ok, the big issue here: I spent 10 days there and the internet connection is, at best, unstable. But in most cases it just does not work, get DNS error message. As a SPG Platinum, I was hopeful it would be better on the desktop computer at the exec lounge on 27th floor. Nope, it's not.
To summarize, all incoming connections into this hotel are bad, lobby, in-room wireless and cable and exec floor. Front desk and IT team could not do anything, even when installing a wifi router in my room. If you need to work online, avoid this hotel.
Only reason why I have not checked out is this hotel is 5mins taxi from my office.

Beside this:
- gym is awesome (except the staff sleeping being the counter as usual), bright, well appointed (6-8 Technogym, treadmills with TV)
- In other hotels I used to stay, any work undertaken on the hotel water tank is communicated to guests so they pay attention to the quality of the water and let the water running a while so it clears. Not here. I had yellow-ish water in shower and sink. Plumber and staff came to my room then they told me they had done some work on the water tanks on that day. Awesome communication.
- also, but that's a China thing, although on a SPG non-smoking floor, the room opposite mine had a bad cigarette smell in the morning and seemed to have been trashed by the guests, from what I could see from the corridor
- the power system in the room is also super outdated: f you switch off the master control at night to sleep it also cuts the power in the powerpoints so no possible to recharge batteries of laptop or cell phone at night
- in the bathroom: sink is new, glass and see through, but the shower is old. Actually, no walk-in shower, I took shower in the sink.
- breakfast area is very small for a hotel this size and the choice is limited. There was a long queue to have a table every morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. Your feedback is important to us.We are sorry to learn that your stay was not fully satisfied. IT Department will check the system and find some device affect the system DNS service. Meanwhile IT Department will monitor the system more frequently. We apologize for your uncomfortable experience and agree that there is always room for improvement, thus we will keep the good part of our services while improving the others. Look forward to hearing back from you and wish you allow us to let you re-experience.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

As a frequent traveller to Shanghai, I always try to stay at Starwood Hotels and prefer to stay in Hongqiao area as its most convenient to the domestic airport. My recent stays at the Sheraton Hongqiao have been getting worse and its time to make a change. The disaster started upon check-in. A group from Mont Blanc was checking in and it was a total mess with no one from management monitoring the situation. I lined up in the Starwood Gold Line and someone from the crowd who was not Starwood Gold cut in line when it was my turn. The front desk did nothing when i yelled at the transgressor in Chinese to stop cutting in line.

I was then given an old musty room with Chinese furniture. The mini bar was locked and I wasnt given a key. The desk chair was very uncomfortable and impossible to work from. I had to get it swapped out. The breakfast was even more of a disaster, so crowded that they have to put you in the lobby lounge. Another local tried to cut in the egg station line and I had to put him back in order. It was total chaos. No management monitoring the situation. Moreover, the omelette I ordered was undercooked and inedible.

I would recommend to any Shanghai business travelers to avoid the Sheraton Hongqiao Shanghai

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SheraonShanghai_HQ, Online Specialist at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Mark,

Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. Your feedback is important to us. We are sorry to learn that you have an unpleasant and uncomfortable experiences during your check-in and breakfast. Our Executive Chef has been informed about this issue and takes relaed actions. Meanwhile, more training upon in-house SPG guests will be delivered to our associates for enhancing the senses of acknowledge SPG guests.We look forward to hearing back from you and wish you allow us to let you re-experience Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel.
Bernardsville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

in-room wireless internet is often unavailable "we will tell the engineer in the morning"....this is no help when trying to conduct business in other time zones.
luckily I had exec. lounge access and I insisted that they open the lounge at 2am so that I could do business. They did so without complaining...but it's not exactly convenient to trot up two floors at 2am
I changed rooms twice in seven days....toilet wouldn't stop flushing / AC didn't work / light switch fell off in my hand / curtain off-rails etc.
Staff always polite and accommodating, but the hotel definitely needs a refurb.

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade and then complain (from your room) if they don't provide an upgrade...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. Your feedback is important to us.We regret to hear that your stay was not fully satisfied. We will train our staffs to solve the internet problem during the middle night. Also we have additional wifi router to set up the room and can fix the problem. We apologize for your uncomfortable experience and agree that there is always room for improvement, thus refurbishment plans are being implemented in phases. We welcome you back to re-experience.

Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

quite old hotel. I tried to shut down air conditioner, but failed. Other facilities incl. bathroom are old as well.
Internet charge is RMB 90 for 24 hrs.
Just several blocks away there are many local restarants for breakfast and dinners.
Generally, I like Sheraton hotels, but not this one.

Room Tip: My room I can not close air conditoner. Maybe you should check it firstly once your check in.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize for your uncomfortable experience and agree that there is always room for improvement, thus refurbishment plans are being implemented in phases. We will do more check and maintanace about the hotel hardware in the futreu. We sincerely welcome you back to re-experience.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

When it comes to the standard of the hotel, coming to Sheraton you deffinitely expect something more. As for Shanghai, the rooms are of a really comfortable size, but the bathroom was a little mouldy. The booking agent described this hotel as "near the airport", well, it is not really so. It takes more than 30 minutes to get to the Hongqiao airport from there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. Your feedback is important to us. We regret to hear that your stay was not fully satisfied.The concerns you’ve raised have been brought to the attention of related departments. We will pay attention to the bathroom mouldy problem.
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Sheraton is certainly not up to the usual Sheraton standards. The rooms, while spacious enough, had beds as hard as rocks. The staff were pleasant enough and the food was reasonable in quality and price. Shanghai is expensive for accommodation, and next time I will pay the premium and stay near or in the Bund area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel. Your feedback is important to us. Our sincerest apologies for your unpleasent encounter during your recount stay. The concerns you’ve raised have been brought to the attention of related departments. Some Sweet Sleeper Beds are undergoing a revamp process, we deeply apologize for any discomfort and inconvenience caused.
Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel

Been to Sheraton Shanghai Hongqiao Hotel? Share your experiences!