I recently completed a stay at this hotel and all I can say in one word is --- fantastic!
The property is immaculate, the rooms are large and well-appointed, the dining options are wonderful and very good, and so are the workout facilities with pool. I didn't use the spa but I can only imagine that it too is way above average.
The staff were very nice and helpful throughout my stay. I also looked forward to the morning buffet breakfast which was amazing in its variety from standard American fare to Asian dim sum and other choices. While the buffet price may seem high to some, for the quality and variety of food provided, I highly recommend the buffet. Better yet, when booking your room, it may prove to be a better deal to reserve a room with the buffet included. I didn't but would do so in the future if that option is available.
As others have mentioned, the location is excellent whether walking over to the Bund or going to sites within central Shanghai. Even going across to the Pudong side was easy. The nearest metro station is a few blocks away and I found it to be the way to go instead of using taxis. While taxis are inexpensive, taking the metro meant avoiding street-level traffic.
I highly recommend staying at the Westin Bund Center!
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bund Center Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- The Westin Bund Center Shanghai Hotel
- Westin Hotel Shanghai
- Westin Shanghai
- Westin Hotel Bund Center
- Shanghai Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shanghai is a city with a colorful past, a fast-paced present and a promising future. It is a fascinating city for every visitor. The Bund is a collection of relics of the past that imbues Shanghai with its vigorous energy today. In the middle of this all is our hotel, The Westin Bund Center, Shanghai.On level one, we have our lobby lounge, Heavenlies, serving fresh coffee and beverages all day, and The Stage offering an all international buffet. Also located on level one is our fresh deli shop, Treats, which features delicious sandwiches and take-away beverages. On level two, we have our sleek bar, Niche, open in evenings, and our Italian restaurant, Prego, open for lunch and dinner. Finally, we have our specialty restaurant, Crystal Garden, on level five serving Chinese, Japanese and Thai specialties. Our Spa & Fitness facilities are spread out over level three and five, combined by a beautiful spiral staircase. For secretarial services, you can visit our business center on level three. We provide guests with complimentary high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Bund Center Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.