The HoJo as the staff affectionately call it is truly a five star hotel.
From the high quality of the rooms and their fittings to the magnificent Foyer area, it is all luxurious comfort.
The staff are most helpful and if you strike one not speaking English, they go to great trouble to find one that does. This is not the case for Shanghai in general as we found very few English speakers particularly amongst Police and Security Staff, where we had expected to find them.
Beware of succumbing to a casual coffee or drink in the Foyer unless you really need a second mortgage and go instead through the Foyer into the connected Starbucks. At first we thought that a Starbucks and a Five Star Hotel would be incongruous, but it worked.
The HoJo location was ideal with both shops and sightseeing close to hand.
There is always less to say about a well run five star hotel than a badly run three star one so suffice to say - if you want a very comfortable, conveniently located hotel in Shanghai with pleasant and helpful staff you do not need to look any further than the HoJo.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Howard Johnson Plaza Shanghai Hotel
- Howard Johnson Shanghai
- Shanghai Howard Johnson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Shanghai is an international five star hotel in the heart of downtown Shanghai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Ctrip DaoDao, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.