I stayed 5 nights while on a business trip to China. My first time in Shanghai. I reserved an executive level room and was told when I checked in that they automatically upgrade all Hilton Gold and Diamond members to the executive level. The Lounge on the 38th floor was lovely with an extensive full breakfast in the morning including a chef to prepare eggs on demand. It was mostly western food but also had a smattering of chinese dishes. My room was standard international Hilton with newer carpet and furniture and marble bath I was put on the 32nd floor. I had view of the nearby temple. Many things impressed me about this hotel. In addition to the lovely lounge I found the indoor air quality to be exceptional. There were people smoking occasionally in rooms but the hotel must have an strong air filtration system because within a few hours there was no trace of cigarette smoke after having someone smoke in a hallway. The gym and spa is very nice with extensive equipment and a large jacuzzi in the locker room. I used this every day. The afternoon tea and evening snacks in the lounge were also quite good. When I was there they had a party for the hotel's anniversary with lion dancers in the lobby. The concierge was very helpful in ordering me a taxi to the airport during rush hour. I got a late checkout due to my gold status without a problem. I also brought a colleague to breakfast in the lounge and was not charged for this. My room was very quiet and extremely comfortable with good strong air conditioning. The hotel does not make heavy use of scents to mask odors, rather the have clean air. I would stay here again. I found this hotel on par with other top international Hilton properties I have been at recently such as the Berlin Hilton and the Milan Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently refurbished Hilton Shanghai hotel towers impressively above the city's former French Concession and is located in the heart of Shanghai's business and entertainment districts. Within walking distance of Shanghai's exclusive shopping streets, Nanjing Xi Lu and Huaihai Lu, this prestigious Shanghai hotel is close to Shanghai attractions such as Jing'an Temple and Jing'an Park. Pudong International Airport is a 50-minute drive away and Hongqiao Airport is only 20 minutes from the hotel. Hold your next conference in one of the 18 meeting rooms or choose the elegant Grand Ballroom at this Shanghai hotel. All contemporary Hilton Shanghai hotel Guest Rooms offer a spacious work area, wireless Internet access and large windows offering views of the city. Choose and Executive Room for access to the 38th floor Executive Lounge. After a busy day, relax in the spa, enjoy a game of squash or work out in fitness center at the Hilton Shanghai hotel. Choose from one of the hotel's 8 restaurants and bars and Dine on fresh seafood at People on Water, the Ningbonese Chinese cuisine restaurant and enjoy views of the impressive Shanghai skyline from the level 39 Penthouse Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your Hilton Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Hilton International Shanghai
- Shanghai Hilton International