“Excellent international Hilton property by all accounts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Shanghai

You added Hilton Shanghai to your Saves list
Hilton Shanghai
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.250 Hua Shan Road,Jing'an District, French Concession, Shanghai 200040, China (Jing'an Temple)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #66 of 3,976 Hotels in Shanghai
southern california
“Excellent international Hilton property by all accounts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed 5 nights while on a business trip to China. My first time in Shanghai. I reserved an executive level room and was told when I checked in that they automatically upgrade all Hilton Gold and Diamond members to the executive level. The Lounge on the 38th floor was lovely with an extensive full breakfast in the morning including a chef to prepare eggs on demand. It was mostly western food but also had a smattering of chinese dishes. My room was standard international Hilton with newer carpet and furniture and marble bath I was put on the 32nd floor. I had view of the nearby temple. Many things impressed me about this hotel. In addition to the lovely lounge I found the indoor air quality to be exceptional. There were people smoking occasionally in rooms but the hotel must have an strong air filtration system because within a few hours there was no trace of cigarette smoke after having someone smoke in a hallway. The gym and spa is very nice with extensive equipment and a large jacuzzi in the locker room. I used this every day. The afternoon tea and evening snacks in the lounge were also quite good. When I was there they had a party for the hotel's anniversary with lion dancers in the lobby. The concierge was very helpful in ordering me a taxi to the airport during rush hour. I got a late checkout due to my gold status without a problem. I also brought a colleague to breakfast in the lounge and was not charged for this. My room was very quiet and extremely comfortable with good strong air conditioning. The hotel does not make heavy use of scents to mask odors, rather the have clean air. I would stay here again. I found this hotel on par with other top international Hilton properties I have been at recently such as the Berlin Hilton and the Milan Hilton.

Room Tip: Executive level rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to submit your impression of your most recent stay with us. We rely on the feedback from our guests to understand what training and improvements are required at our property as well as what our guests value most during their stays. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge, fitness center and our newly renovated guest room.

Please know that I would welcome any additional comments you may have about your stay. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

8621-62480000 Ext.2222
melodywang@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
france
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hilton is Hilton , big heavy towels , big comfortable bed , good location , good breakfast including in our rate but so cheap the fact that you have free wifi only at the lobby . You have to pay to get it in your room. At this level of hotel , even Accor and hotels in Asia is free access everywhere . Even outside for a coffee . They really have to work on it ! Specially with Asian customers or heavy travellers like us.we spent 4 nights ! Details make the difference !

Room Tip: Higher is better for the view and no noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings from the Hilton Shanghai—I hope this message finds you well on your journey onwards.

Thank you very much for your great comments on our hotel location, breakfast and room facilities. However, as you mentioned the internet issue, your comments have been well-noted and will be shared with internet company as well as top management. We will be reviewing our internet offerings in the coming months and will certainly consider your notes for the room layout further.

Please feel free to contact us further with any additional comments of plans to return, as we would be grateful for another opportunity to serve you better.

Kenny Gong

Assistant Front Office Manager & Hhonors Manager
8621-62480000 Ext.2130
Kenny.Gong@hilton.com
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel on a weeklong trip for our anniversary. As a frequent traveller I can say this is one of the best hotels I have visited. As a diamond member this is by far the best hilton I've been in terms of service. We had great service from Diane, all through our stay she answered any questions we had, gave us advice on visiting local attractions and booked restaurants for us. Diane went that extra mile and is defiantly a credit to the hilton brand.
The executive lounge is great and has great views,food and a relaxing atmosphere.
Our room was lovely and spacious, housekeeping was always friendly and prompt. Joanna was great always who kept our room looking sublime.
Everyone is smiley and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of your most recent stay with us. We are very grateful for any feedback we receive, as we continue to gain a better understanding of what our guests value most. This is especially the case for guests such as yourself, who are loyal Hilton guests and understand our commitment to service.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded room and the benefits on the Executive Floor. I will be sure to pass on your positive comments for my colleagues in the Executive Lounge to our Management, so they may be recognized for their hospitality.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any additional details about your stay directly. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to seeing you soon!

8621-62480000 Ext,2222
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here last week and had the opportunity to witness the hotel's 25th anniversary celebrations on Friday. Guests were informed in advance (via a letter in the room, see attached photo). It was a typical Chinese celebration - a lion dance - so there was a lot of fanfare. We were in one of the meeting rooms on the 2nd floor, which meant we had to take a break, but this was okay since we had been informed in advance. The 25 of us were each given a small box of cake to celebrate the event, which was a nice gesture.

The last time I stayed here was 10 years ago and my stay here last week as just as pleasant. Their 25th anniversary celebrations made it memorable.

One thing that I was disappointed with was the hotel's tolerance for smoking indoors. There is a ban on indoor smoking in public places in China. While enforcement is lax, I had higher expectations for this Hilton facility. We were in one of the 2nd floor meeting rooms Wednesday through to Friday, and there was group on Thursday that openly smoked in the public area. It wasn't only in the morning, it was also in the afternoon which suggests that no Hilton person bothered to speak to these people.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your perspective, as a regular guest of ours, towards our improvement and understanding what our guests value most.

Hilton Shanghai, which is the first 5 star hotel existing in China of our brand, did great "25 Years Anniversary" celebration recently. Hotel management brought a lot effort to celebrate this events with many activities such as lion dancing, birthday cake, etc. Hope to hear that you had a fantastic time there.

As mentioned the smoking indoor issue, I do thank you for this particular comment and will surely share this information with concerned department. We will enhance our monitoring especially public area on daily basis.

From your comments, I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed our rooms and location. We would be eager to hear from you further should you have any additional comments. Otherwise, my colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kenny Gong

Assistant Front Office Manager & Hhonors Manager
8621-62480000 EXT2130
Kenny.Gong@hilton.com
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Most of the Hiltons in China are top notch. As a Diamond member, I have stayed in most of them. My first visit here, I was disappointed. I was upgraded to a "Club Room", but it was very plain. You could hear folks talking in the room next door. It took forever to check in. Upon check out, there was a fist fight going on between hotel staff and a cab driver....not a great place to stay. I had a problem during my stay, and they didn't respond to my concern. I would suggest you try someplace else, and get better value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Front Office Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Greetings from Hilton Shanghai.

Thank you very much for writing us your comment after your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate that you took the time from your busy day to submit your feedback. My colleagues and I continue to seek a better understanding of what our guests value most and how we may anticipate their needs.

Hilton Shanghai has been operating for 25 years and last week we had our 25 years anniversary. In the meantime, we are continuing our renovation and refurbishment for our facilities. In recent years, we have completed more than 10 floors renovation except our brand new Executive floors. Some more refurbishments are in the pipe line. I apologize for the slow speed of check in since we were running almost full house last week and because several big groups and our anniversary promotions. We want to make sure all guests will receive correct information, it took a bit more time when it s full house. Thank you for your understanding.

Regarding the incident out front the hotel, it was a conflict caused the taxi driver rejecting business from guests who requests to ride a short distance. I m sorry that this happened and we have involved local authority to immediately take official measurement on this.

I appreciate if you could write back to me at your convenience and let me know what problem was occurred during your stay. We are the first and one of the few hotels who replies all the guests feedback in here.

Again, this hotel is trustworthy in terms of high quality service delivering and that s how we have been existing and continuing to outperform all other hotels in Shanghai where you have many star hotels.

We care for our guests.

Look forward to your reply.

With kind regards,
Nicole Zhou

Front Office Manager
8621-62480000 Ext * 2100
Nicole.zhou@hilton.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Beautiful, Well Kept, Upscale, Amazing Breakfast, Welcoming Staff, Centrally Located. The Hilton Shanghai is without a doubt the best Hilton in the world. The rooms are large and offer some fantastic views on days when the pollution levels are low. The breakfast is an amazing Chinese buffet kind of thing but no where near the American standard of Chinese food. The food is Delicious and I even had a staff member make me a tofu soup which was amazing. The staff is very informative and for an American traveler because of there knowledge of the city. The hotel is located very nicely near a metro station and some very interesting temples and parks. The Hilton Shanghai is one of the nicest hotels in Shanghai and I would have no trouble referring it to a friend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HiltonShanghaiHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Shanghai, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am grateful that you mentioned both the good and the not so good aspects of your stay, as we do strive to understand what can be improved at the hotel and what our guests enjoy most.

In particular, I am pleased to know that you enjoy your stay especialy our location and our breakfast.during the stay.

Should you have any further comments, questions or concerns, feel free to contact me directly, as I would be eager to help! My colleagues and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

8621-62480000 Ext.2222
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed twice 1 week apart, and on both stays got the service you would expect. First class; staff available everywhere you look. Almost all had basic english, and if they did not understand they informed another member of staff.

The hotel celebrated its 25 year anniversary during the week of my stays. Rooms good, & spotless, the hotel doesn't show signs aging, I thought the windows might not be panaromic, but in both rooms I stayed in they certainly were, nearly floor to ceiling and full width giving justice to the Shanghai skyline.

The executive lounge was ok, I got a room upgrade and therefore access, but personally especially if you already included breakfast in the room rate I'd not pay the extra, The Penthouse bar on the 39th floor being a nicer location.

Breakfast in the atrium was a nice setting and excellent,

Dear valed guest,

I would like to extend my most sincere appreciation for your wonderful feedback on your most recent experiences with us. It is always so rewarding for myself and the entire team to here from loyal guests like yourself. It will give me great pride and pleasure to recognize the team here and share this feedback with them.

We are looking forward to your next visit and I am confident that our team will find new ways to “WOW” you, and provide the unique personalized service you come to expect of us.

8621-62480000 Ext. 2222
melodywang@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Shanghai? Share your experiences!