“Friendly and very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.100 Changliu Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200134, China (Shanghai New International Expo Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
50% off suite Offer
Ranked #97 of 3,926 Hotels in Shanghai
“Friendly and very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was several time for business trip reason in this hotel. The staff is very friendly and remembered me after a few times. For breakfast you get everything you want. The gym room has space enough and several machines. If you have access to the lounge you can get several choice of food.
Only negative thing: most of the time I had problems to get the room cold enough for the night.

I had enjoyed every stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was here for Business trip. Hotel is not bad, little bit old but service room and breakfast is good. Restaurants close early, as usual in china. Bar has small menus were you can eat something (not expensive) and talk to bar keeper

Room Tip: High level
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was attending a multi day conference in the hotel but was received by most departments as an intruder. Worst example was from the concierge; i arrived one morning with luggage, asked them if they could store it until the end of the conference... I was asked to take all my belongings back out of the hotel..... 20 years in china and the first's keep happening!

• Stayed April 2014
rhipudong, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear G M,

Thank you for posting this review and giving us feedback as participant of a conference in our hotel. We extend a sincere apology from our entire team that we could not meet your expectations. Unfortunately our concierge was not able to store your luggage in our luggage room, due to the rules given by local authorities as they just allow us to store items for customers who have checked in and registered at our hotel with a personal I.D.. For conference guests, we do provide a cloakroom on the 4th floor. I do regret if this was not communicated clearly to you and thank you for your understanding. We receive lots of positive comments from professional conference and event organizers and hope that you give us a chance to visit us again for another conference or would also appreciate to show you our warm and personal service as a hotel guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

an excellent hotel for business trip.
The location is more than perfect, nice sports bar besides the hotel, and 5 min away from the shanghai new international expo center.
The service , the cleanliness the food, the bar, and the rooms all in one simply amazing.

this hotel is highly recommended, I felt like home in this hotel.

they sent me a greeting card and a delicious cake for my birthday that was so nice from the manager.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rumbeke, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Good hotel, but very expensive. Location is good for business, but not for Leisure. Nice bar, good food, nice room, service correct, swimming pool very correct. I don't give it a five star due to their prices. I will stay next month in another 5 star hotel in Shanghai for half the price !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed for a longer period - over a week - at the hotel. Was a nice experience with a very courteous staff. Great business hotel and am sure it is quite at par as most of the Marriott group hotels are.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I called this hotel "home" in May 2010 and September 2010, when he was sent here for a month each time by his company, to work in Shanghai. He was not able to come this time, but my niece came along. I was glad to be back here in the early part of April 2014. I was disappointed to see that the Executive Lounge was being renovated. Hopefully, when I come back, it is finished.
Our flight came in about 6 hours late so we were very tired when we arrived. Checking in was a breeze. Paul was very nice and efficient. Our room was in the 18th floor.
The breakfast on the second floor was good. I like the good choice of dishes- Western ,as well as, Asian dishes. I got to like the wonton soup for breakfast, which I never had at home ! The servers were friendly and were always smiling. During our stay here this time, I had the chance to see the fruit and vegetable market across the street where I used to buy some produce in 2010. I had a haircut at Amani's not too far from the hotel. I really felt at home. I had the privilege of meeting the new General Manager at breakfast on my last day here. Daisy, who checked me out, was efficient and pleasant. I was glad to have stayed here again. My husband and I will definitely stay here, when we are in Shanghai.

Room Tip: I always like the rooms in the higher floors as they are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
rhipudong, General Manager at Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear TRAVELdglobenow, thank you for taking the time to give us such positive feedback and we are happy that you still felt a bit like home after returning to the Renaissance Pudong Hotel. I am glad to hear that you had a smooth check in after an unfortunate long flight and you overall enjoyed your time with us. I will pass on the positive feedback to John and Daisy myself. As Renaissance we always try to provoke our guests to discover the city and local surroundings and it sounds good that you had a chance to visit the fruit and vegetable market. It was a pleasure to meet you at the Brasserie for a short chat and look forward to present you the newly renovated guest rooms when you come back to Shanghai next time. Thanks again for your loyalty.

Best regards,
Dressino, Silvano

Been to Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel? Share your experiences!