“Clean & friendly hotel in good location for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Atlantis Shanghai

Save Saved
You added Novotel Atlantis Shanghai to your Saves list
Novotel Atlantis Shanghai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.728 Pudong Avenue, Shanghai 200120, China (Lujiazui)   |
Ranked #112 of 3,741 hotels in Shanghai
Singapore
“Clean & friendly hotel in good location for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Normally I stay at the Minya Hotel, but this time I decided to try the Novotel Atlantis, due to it's closer proximity to the CBD of Pudong. The hotel seems rather new, and feels fresh and clean.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful. One afternoon I left my iPhone in the lobby bar, and later when I called the hotel, they had it saved for me at the front desk.

I suspect I was given an upgrade, as I had booked the lowest cost room, but was given a junior suite. It had a rather large living area, but oddly with only two lounge chairs. Easily had space for a sofa and coffee table, which would have made time spent in the room more comfortable.

The sleeping area had a large king bed, with plenty of pillows of differing densities. Missing was a clock, and it was only on my last day did I finally notice the three international electric outlets to the right of the television.

Oddly, there was only one electrical outlet at the desk area, taken hop by a TV, and one nearby at floor level taken up by a lamp. So in order to charge my devices, I had to unplug the living area TV.
Meanwhile at each go the TV's they have a nice connectivity panel, that at least had a USB outlet I could use for charging. But to not have 2-3 international outlets at the desk, especially in such a young hotel, is rather odd. Equally, the chair at the desk was rather uncomfortable for sitting and working any length of time. A proper desk chair would have been preferred.

Whilst I was happy overall with the room, I guess due to my room being at the end of the hall, I had a very small window relative to the room side, and it was way in the corner. Hence the room never had sufficient daylight, and on days when I had to work from the hotel room, it was a bit gloomy.

Breakfast was good, with a fairly decent selection. And if you want a good coffee, there is a Starbucks in the office building attached to the hotel.

For the price and location, it is a good choice for reasonable business trips. As I was staying 5 nights, I preferred to stay at a reasonably priced hotel such as this.

They neighbourhood around the hotel is of no consequence, as it is mostly a residential area. Not far from the CDB, which one evening I strolled to in about 30 minutes.

Overall, it was a good stay, Definitely a hotel I would stay at again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, May 19, 2014

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you for having taken your time to share with us your impressions about our hotel and our service.

I was delighted to read that you particularly appreciated the friendliness of our staff and had a pleasant stay at our hotel.

I noticed that you have some suggestions about our room facilities. Thanks for your comments. I have copied this to my department managers for their immediate concern and your request has been recorded in our booking system as history for offering better service for your future stay.

Should you need any assistance during your stay in the future, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations Manager.

We would like to thank you for your kind understanding and really appreciate your kind support to us, and definitely hope to welcome you back next time.

438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ancona, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

If you want to be in Pudong side of the city center, this is a good option.
Clean, well maintained rooms located on high floors and commanding a nice view, especially in the evening.
Just a few hundred meters from subway station (line 4)

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have a nicer view of the city
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your specific comments and I appreciate you writing to tell us about your experience during your last stay with us. It will definitely help us to improve further.

My team & I make it a top priority to ensure that our guests experience a pleasant, efficient, friendly and comfortable stay.

Thank you once again for your great support to us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Norwich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

When you check in and check out the staff are constantly sniffing and snorting which in my humble opinion is disgusting.

The rooms are very clean, and a fresh bottle of water is provided every day. The room is provided with slippers, bathrobe, toothbrush, toothpaste, ear buds etc, tea and coffee making facilities as well as a mini bar.

Smoking is very prevalent in China so if you do not smoke ensure that you ask for a non smoking room when you book and when you check in.

To do any sightseeing it is a 40RMB taxi ride to yu gardens, after which you can then take the hop on hop off bus tour which is also 40 RMB

Within a 15 minute walk next to the Oriental Pearl TV tower there are two huge shopping centers.

The Hotel is a 1hr taxi drive from the airport so take the train.

Room Tip: State your smoking preference
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you for your specific comments and I appreciate you writing to tell us your experience during your last stay with us. It will definitely help us to improve further.

I noticed that you have some comments about the staff's grooming. I have copied this to my Departmental Managers for their immediate actions and proper trainings for all their staff concerned. Please be rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I would once again thank you and really appreciates your kind support to us, and would like to ensure you a more pleasant stay in your next trip here.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I can feel very comfortable when I was staying in the hotel. Nice staff and comfortable environment.
All the rooms are located at the very high floor so that can see a great view.
The buffet breakfasts are delicious and everyday got new types of food.
For the location, it is quite convenient to go everywhere as it is just nearby No.4 metro line (actually needs around 200 meters walk).
One more, if they can provide some warming sentences (like Happy Birthday) to the birthday guest it would be perfect.

Room Tip: High floor of all rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you for your specific comments and I appreciate you writing to tell us what you experienced during your last stay with us. Your recognition of our staff's service and attitude will definitely help us to improve further.

I noticed that you have a good advice about greeting birthday guests during their check in or check out service. It is really a good suggestion. I have copied this to my Department Managers for their immediate actions and proper trainings for all their staff concerned. Actually, we also have daily email greetings to our birghday guests. As long as the guest provide the accurate email address, he / she will receive a greeting email on his / her birthday.

I would once again thank you and really appreciates your kind support to us, and we definitely likes to welcome you back next time.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My second stay at this property and the stay was pleasant. Check In and Check Out were smooth. Breakfast was good at the Square but service has scope for improvement. Need to add more food option for the vegetarian guests!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, April 21, 2014

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

I appreciate you writing to tell me your experience during your last stay with us. It will definitely help us to improve further.

However, I noticed that you have some comments about our service and food option. I hereby copied this email to my Departmental Managers for their immediate actions.

Please be rest assured that we are taking measures to change our food varieties and improve our food quality to increase our guests' satisfaction. And I am sure that you will have a more pleasant stay in future.

Novotel Shanghai Atlantis

Been to Novotel Atlantis Shanghai? Share your experiences!