“great Novotel care” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Atlantis Shanghai

Save Saved
You added Novotel Atlantis Shanghai to your Saves list
Novotel Atlantis Shanghai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.728 Pudong Avenue, Shanghai 200120, China (Lujiazui)   |
Special Offer
Family Package
Ranked #111 of 3,883 Hotels in Shanghai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed on the 37th floor in an executive double, for 2 nights. Room very comfortable with fantastic views of the city. Taxi to centre around £3-4, walking around 25 mins. Staff very helpful and able to give advice on tourist attractions, shopping etc. Breakfast excellent with a wide range to choose from. Had meal at the hotel Chinese restaurant which was very reasonable in price and staff very helpful with choices, food very good, lovely surroundings. well worth a stay

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have fantastic views
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, June 25, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share with us your impressions about our hotel and our service.

It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to adjust and better our services and facilities to meet the discerning needs of our guest.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and particularly appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff. Your acknowledgement of our staff service and attitude will definitely motivate them to go the extra mile in assisting guests whenever and wherever possible.

Once again, thank you for your great support to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis! It is always a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis the next time your travels bring you this way.

Hangzhou, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our family stayed here one night in their standard room. We were on 35th floor.

The pros
-room in general is ok, but very average
-beds are good
-hotel personnel were helpful
-hotel was very quiet (no disturbing sounds, excluding in swimming pool / spa area)

The cons
-hotel looks and feels bit tired
-room had some signs of wear and tear
-tired and bit dark bathroom
-they had some renovation ongoing (e.g. Spa was closed)
-main swimming pool's water could be bit warmer (I had to warm myself in their round and very warm bubble pool. No sauna unfortunately)
-slow check-in
-very average breakfast
-small gym

This hotel is very typical 3 star business hotel. Nothing exceptional. Part of big chain. Nothing much to be remembered. Area nearby hotel is not very interesting and there were not that many restaurants around. By taxi it is easy to get to Lujiazui business district and shopping malls. Over there are numerous amount of good restaurants for any taste.

We payed close to RMB 600 for our room. With this price the value is very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, June 16, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share with us your comments about our hotel and our service.

I have hereby copied your comments to my Departmental Managers for their immediate actions and for all their staff concerned.

If it is possible you back to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis the next time your travel brings you this way, you can try our new renovated guest room and I am sure you will have a more pleasant stay.

I would once again thank you and really appreciate your kind support to us. It is always a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis in future.

Karachi, Pakistán
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

It is a good hotel in a quiet area but not too far from the river and city centre. The staff was very courteous and every one spoke good english. The rooms are spacious and have all requisite amenities. Room service provided 4 complimentary bottles of water instead of the standard two on my request. Restaurant serves a wide range of menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner which included Chinese, Indian and Japanese cuisine. Free wifi was available in the executive floor. There are some shops near the hotel as are a few massage parlours. Overall, a pleasant stay. Recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

Oudenaarde, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Spa and revolving restaurant are not open due to necessary renewal of both. Friendly multilingual reception staff is very helpfull. The business lounge is only open for cocktails from 5 to 7, a little bit early for hard working businessmen.

Room Tip: Business rooms and biz lounge are nice with view on the Financial heart of the city. Beds are heave...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, May 27, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

I have hereby copied this email to my Departmental Managers for their immediate actions and for all their staff concerned.

I would once again thank you and really appreciate your kind support to us, and I would like to welcome you back to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis and ensure you have a more pleasant stay in future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel is ideally located near the main business hub of the city. All the entertainment streets are located a few minutes away by taxi. I would recommend you visit Xin Tian Di while there.

The Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Buffets are of high quality and the food is up to international standards. There is a small bar in the Lounge that is open till midnight each day. Good pizza and beverages.

Free high speed Wi-Fi in all the rooms and lobby area.

Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Corner Suites on the business floors are the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, May 19, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Your acknowledgement of our staff service and attitude will definitely motivate them to go the extra mile in assisting guests whenever and wherever possible.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I arrived at the hotel in the evening after my training. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful.

When I asked for a non-smoking room, I was given a room. When I reached the floor of my room, the entire floor smells of cigarette smoke (considering this is a non-smoking floor). When I reached to my room, I was shocked that the room looks more of a dungeon than a hotel room, the window is so small that I feel like a prisoner in this room. Furthermore, the lights are very few which makes the room so dark. I had an eerie feeling when I stepped in to the room.

The paint on the walls seems like cracking and peeling off. Not too sure how old is this hotel but it is not what I expect of an Accor hotel brand. I asked for them to change my room to the one with bigger windows. Surprisingly, they asked one of their staff to come up to my room and picked me up and showed me the room I have requested for.

The alternative room they gave me is smaller and in a smokers floor. But I do not care at all as having a big window where sunshine can come in the morning is more important to me than the size of the room.

The breakfast place (square 2) has good selection of food. Quite happy with the breakfast. One thing that I find not good about the hotel location is it is far from places to eat. The nearest metro station is about 15 to 20 minutes walk. They do not provide free shuttle service to the metro station.

A big let down is the hotel does not really have a non-smoker floor at all. Even non-smoking floors are smells of smoke from cigarettes or cigar. If you want to get second hand smoke and cancer from smoke then better check-in here.

I will never ever come to this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms at room 21 (ie. 3221, 3321, etc), this room looks like a dungeon with very small w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, May 6, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

I would like to know if it is possible to give me your personal contact, and I would like to arrange a courtesy call by myself.

Novotel Shanghai Atlantis

Been to Novotel Atlantis Shanghai? Share your experiences!