“Some parts are under restauration” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Atlantis Shanghai

You added Novotel Atlantis Shanghai to your Saves list
Novotel Atlantis Shanghai
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.728 Pudong Avenue, Shanghai 200120, China (Lujiazui)   |
Special Offer
Family Package
Ranked #122 of 3,925 Hotels in Shanghai
Oudenaarde, Belgium
“Some parts are under restauration”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Spa and revolving restaurant are not open due to necessary renewal of both. Friendly multilingual reception staff is very helpfull. The business lounge is only open for cocktails from 5 to 7, a little bit early for hard working businessmen.

Room Tip: Business rooms and biz lounge are nice with view on the Financial heart of the city. Beds are heave...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, May 27, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share with us your comments about our hotel and our service.

It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to adjust and better our services and facilities to meet the discerning needs of our guest.

I have hereby copied this email to my Departmental Managers for their immediate actions and for all their staff concerned.

I would once again thank you and really appreciate your kind support to us, and I would like to welcome you back to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis and ensure you have a more pleasant stay in future.

Novotel Shanghai Atlantis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel is ideally located near the main business hub of the city. All the entertainment streets are located a few minutes away by taxi. I would recommend you visit Xin Tian Di while there.

The Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Buffets are of high quality and the food is up to international standards. There is a small bar in the Lounge that is open till midnight each day. Good pizza and beverages.

Free high speed Wi-Fi in all the rooms and lobby area.

Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Corner Suites on the business floors are the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, May 19, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share with us your impressions about our hotel and our service.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. Your acknowledgement of our staff service and attitude will definitely motivate them to go the extra mile in assisting guests whenever and wherever possible.

Once again, thank you for your great support to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis! It is always a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Novotel Shanghai Atlantis the next time your travels bring you this way.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I arrived at the hotel in the evening after my training. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful.

When I asked for a non-smoking room, I was given a room. When I reached the floor of my room, the entire floor smells of cigarette smoke (considering this is a non-smoking floor). When I reached to my room, I was shocked that the room looks more of a dungeon than a hotel room, the window is so small that I feel like a prisoner in this room. Furthermore, the lights are very few which makes the room so dark. I had an eerie feeling when I stepped in to the room.

The paint on the walls seems like cracking and peeling off. Not too sure how old is this hotel but it is not what I expect of an Accor hotel brand. I asked for them to change my room to the one with bigger windows. Surprisingly, they asked one of their staff to come up to my room and picked me up and showed me the room I have requested for.

The alternative room they gave me is smaller and in a smokers floor. But I do not care at all as having a big window where sunshine can come in the morning is more important to me than the size of the room.

The breakfast place (square 2) has good selection of food. Quite happy with the breakfast. One thing that I find not good about the hotel location is it is far from places to eat. The nearest metro station is about 15 to 20 minutes walk. They do not provide free shuttle service to the metro station.

A big let down is the hotel does not really have a non-smoker floor at all. Even non-smoking floors are smells of smoke from cigarettes or cigar. If you want to get second hand smoke and cancer from smoke then better check-in here.

I will never ever come to this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms at room 21 (ie. 3221, 3321, etc), this room looks like a dungeon with very small w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, May 6, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

I would like to know if it is possible to give me your personal contact, and I would like to arrange a courtesy call by myself.

Newmarket, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have now stayed at the hotel four times and enjoyed the benefits of the premier business floor. The service provided by staff is exceptionally good and overall that provided by all personnel in the hotel is of very high quality. The only area where improvement could be made is the evening turn down service that only occurred once in our ten night stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Daisy C, Public Relations Manager at Novotel Atlantis Shanghai, responded to this review, May 7, 2013

Warmest greeting from Novotel Shanghai Atlantis!

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and particularly appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff. Your acknowledgement of our staff service and attitude will definitely motivate them to go the extra mile in assisting guests whenever and wherever possible.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

very good location about 5-10 mins walk to Pudong Avenue Metro station line 4.
quiet room with good ventilation/air cond. floor 39
nice swimming pool with jacuzzi.
tasty breakfast/ american-english/ keep us running for a while.
multi nation staff at reception desk very helpfull
internet working very well except those blocked in china like google/tube ect

generally only one bad thing i have discoverd after all may stay on the departure day -----the little deposit safe numeric lock in the room was not mounted at all so anyone could take the box of what may be 5 kilos..............funny

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Hotel was fine and good value for money. My only complaint was the service level in your business centre as the attendant was not able to advise what the international access code was dialing out of China.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Daegu, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

very kind enough to smile me at check in
clean room
but shower room didn't drain water well
so i picked up drain cover .
The cover was so sharp to hurt my finger.
check out time i told that & showed my finger.
the man said only "i will tell house keeping team" and that's all
After that concierge pick up one taxi between 5 or 6 taxies.
very old & dented taxi drive very high speed till airport.
I'm very frightened during journey...m.m

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Novotel Shanghai Atlantis

Been to Novotel Atlantis Shanghai? Share your experiences!