I arrived at the hotel in the evening after my training. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful.
When I asked for a non-smoking room, I was given a room. When I reached the floor of my room, the entire floor smells of cigarette smoke (considering this is a non-smoking floor). When I reached to my room, I was shocked that the room looks more of a dungeon than a hotel room, the window is so small that I feel like a prisoner in this room. Furthermore, the lights are very few which makes the room so dark. I had an eerie feeling when I stepped in to the room.
The paint on the walls seems like cracking and peeling off. Not too sure how old is this hotel but it is not what I expect of an Accor hotel brand. I asked for them to change my room to the one with bigger windows. Surprisingly, they asked one of their staff to come up to my room and picked me up and showed me the room I have requested for.
The alternative room they gave me is smaller and in a smokers floor. But I do not care at all as having a big window where sunshine can come in the morning is more important to me than the size of the room.
The breakfast place (square 2) has good selection of food. Quite happy with the breakfast. One thing that I find not good about the hotel location is it is far from places to eat. The nearest metro station is about 15 to 20 minutes walk. They do not provide free shuttle service to the metro station.
A big let down is the hotel does not really have a non-smoker floor at all. Even non-smoking floors are smells of smoke from cigarettes or cigar. If you want to get second hand smoke and cancer from smoke then better check-in here.
I will never ever come to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Atlantis Shanghai Hotel
- Novotel Atlantis Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Accor Atlantis Shanghai
- Novotel Shanghai
- Shanghai Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Atlantis Shanghai is a 4 star hotel in the heart of Pudong, the financial centre of Shanghai. The first choice for a business trip, the Novotel is close to the Shanghai Exhibition Centre and offers conference facilities for up to 150 people.Ideal for a break in this cosmopolitan city, the hotel is a short drive from the Bund waterfront and legendary shopping along Nanjing Road. Enjoy a choice of four restaurants and three bars, an indoor swimming pool, health club and spa. Onsite parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip DaoDao, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Novotel Atlantis Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.