“very good for family stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong to your Saves list
Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.210 Century Avenue, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200120, China (Lujiazui)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #13 of 3,559 hotels in Shanghai
“very good for family stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

good location,just on the other side of the world finance center. apply the child shampoo and lotion, the slippers, toothpaster and toothbrush, which make my daughter very happy. very good equippment, worth the price. the breakfast is not as many supplies as other hotel, but each dish is good taste, also apply hand-made hot food. recomend to family trip!

Room Tip: i don't think the view of Oriental pearl is worthwhile, the room with no view is enough and with...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TheFourSeasonsPudong, General Manager at Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your time to share your feedback about your visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Pudong, Shanghai.

We are delighted to read that you were extremely satisfied with your stay, and that you were pleased with the services provided to you by our staff. Whatever success we achieve in meeting the needs of our guests is entirely due to the dedication and commitment of our people. The primary goal of all of us at Four Seasons is to provide our guests with the best possible service, and it is of course immensely gratifying to know when we have succeeded in meeting their expectations. I was particularly happy to read your nice coments about how family friendly you felt we are. We are happy to hear that you and your family had a memorable stay.

We have shared your comments with our team, please know that they mean a lot to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai when your travels bring you back in our direction.

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in August 2013. Product is excellent - probably one of the best in Shanghai, together with the Peninsula and the Mandarin Oriental. Spacious and thoughtfully appointed rooms, amazing rooftop pool, overall decor is just absolutely stunning. Had dinner and drinks at Camelia - their lobby French restaurant - which was just perfect. Max, their manager, was very professional and welcoming, and so are all of their staff.

However, in other aspects, they don't quite live up to the Four Seasons standards. Carpet cleanliness in bedrooms is below average - especially behind and around the bedside tables - it was very dusty! Experienced a few minor hiccups throughout the stay - nothing to be too upset about. One example is how I was left an ashtray in my room as the room attendant must have spotted my cigarette pack on my table, however I knew the room was non smoking - so do they allow guests to smoke in non smoking rooms? Anyways, out of courtesy, I called down to front desk just to confirm, and I was right that it was non smoking so it was accidentally put in. I was asked if they could send somebody to remove the ashtray and I called at 11:30 p.m - not the best time to ask so I said just take it out the next day. However, 3 nights passed and it was never removed! I shouldn't have to call again to have these things done - not at the Four Seasons!

My only major complaint, which led me to write this review was on my day of checkout. It was 10 am and I hear all sorts of noises outside my room in the corridor. Then 20 minutes later my AC starts leaking horribly and causes a big pile of water on my floor. I call down asking for it to be cleaned. They send their Manager and their engineer to fix it. This is what upsets me. I was due to check out in less than an hour, and instead of offering a quick temporary fix and letting me shower and be on my way, they take their sweet time to fix it. Only when I asked for them to hurry up because I have to get going, did they leave. I was asked repeatedly if I wanted to do a room change so I can shower - however the leak was in the bedroom, not the bathroom, and so I wasn't sure what the thought process was in having me change rooms to shower? Did they expect me to shower in another room and then come back to my original room to pack? It just didn't make sense.

An hour later at check out, the same manager met me and apologised again. Handed me her card and first thing she said was she'll upgrade me on my next stay if ever I was to come back. Then, she walked me out to the entrance to call a cab - but she didn't help me with my bags on the way out. I had to bring my own bag out until the cab arrived at which point the bell man helped me. So it wasn't the best so called service recovery or departure experience I've experienced, but I would have been so much happier if I was not offered the comp upgrade on my next stay. What makes her think I am looking for something free? She failed to realise that sometimes the best thing to do is just to apologise, smile and write a follow up email offering future assistance, instead of trying to compensate with something totally unrelated and making the guest feel cheap.

Nonetheless, I still would return as there definitely are more positives than negatives. A lot of it I think is to do with the people. Just don't expect the out of this world Four Seasons service you get, for those of you who know, at for example the Hong Kong or the properties in America. Happy traveling!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TheFourSeasonsPudong, General Manager at Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We always appreciate knowing how we might improve our service and facilities, and feedback such as yours is our most valuable source.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and the hotel. Our employees take great pride in doing their jobs to the best of their ability, and nothing ever gives me greater pleasure than sharing encouraging comments such as yours with our staff.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you were caused by the poor handling of the air condition leak and the departure experience that followed. This is a comment that greatly concerns us and I have brought this matter to the attention of our Department Heads.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai when your travels bring you back in our direction.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was lucky since both restaurant and pool were not busy during my stay. I felt like swimming in my private pool which was superb!!! The view of the pool was so nice that I visted in day time and night time twice.
Also, I enjoyed my dinner in Camelia where there is a nice terrace to relax. Will definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations in several areas of the Hotel and that you were delighted by our James ond Pool and Restaurants. Our employees take great pride in doing their jobs to the best of their ability, and nothing ever gives me greater pleasure than sharing encouraging comments such as yours with our staff.

Los Altos, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Perfect room (comfy bed), club lounge (chocolate cookies), gym (pool), etc. Great coffee/pastry at lobby for the morning rush. Excellent (but expensive) room-service. Do NOT use the massage service, as it's very expensive & very average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations in several areas of the Hotel. Our employees take great pride in doing their jobs to the best of their ability, and nothing ever gives me greater pleasure than sharing encouraging comments such as yours with our staff. We were concerned to read your thoughts on our SPA. If you wish I would appreciate if you could contact me to learn about about your experience.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is a real gem!!! From arrival till departure everything was perfect. The hotel is beautifully designed & decorated. The rooms are super comfortable, the bathroom is very luxurious & the view of the room was amazing. The spa & swimming pool are the diamond of the hotel. The view from the swimming pool in the evening is just fabulous. We dined in the Chinese restaurant and got a lot of recommendations in menu choosing from the restaurant manager, who was very helpful! All the staff is very professional and know what is good hospitality! The hotel is maybe located in the business district but going around in a taxi in Shanghai is very easy, compared to Beijing! Four Seasons Pudong is such a beautiful property, I would recommend everyone to stay there, probably the best hotel in Shanghai!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations in several areas of the Hotel and that you were delighted by our Pool and Shang Xi Restaurant. Our employees take great pride in doing their jobs to the best of their ability, and nothing ever gives me greater pleasure than sharing encouraging comments such as yours with our staff.

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

an overall wonderful stay. Must try the Chinese Restaurant at the hotel and one of the most dramatic pool views in the world. The service was perfect classic four seasons. Although in the Pudong area.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
TheFourSeasonsPudong, General Manager at Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you were very satisfied with your stay, and that you were pleased with the services provided to you by our staff. Whatever success we achieve in meeting the needs of our guests is entirely due to the dedication and commitment of our people. The primary goal of all of us at Four Seasons is to provide our guests with the best possible service, and it is of course immensely gratifying to know when we have succeeded in meeting their expectations.

Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

View from my room and bathroom was best I seen. Service was impeccable and exceptional. Food was very good. Every penny I have spent was worth it. Swimming pool area has excellent view of the highrises.Staff gave us exceptional service and my family had fantastic time.I wish there was kids or game room ti keep kids happy.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor for good view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Hotel Manager

Been to Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong? Share your experiences!