“A Jewellery in Pudong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong to your Saves list
Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.210 Century Avenue, Pudong New District, Shanghai 200120, China (Lujiazui)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #12 of 3,843 Hotels in Shanghai
Hong Kong, China
“A Jewellery in Pudong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Photos say much more than my words to tell how gorgeous this hotel is, such as mixture of black, white & red interior design and the marble indoor swimming pool. I have seen a lot of landmark properties since I have stayed in many 5 stars hotels and lived in serveral luxury residences. Not all of them like Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong knows how to use expensive building materials with style and nothing too much.

Thank God! I slept so well. Thanks a lot for the comfortable bed and pillow!!! The quality of complimentary tea bag at mini bar was high, the Longjing was my favourite. I had chocolate and biscuit for turn down snack. Both of them were delicous.Don't miss the Chinese restaurant Shang-Xi. I had a fabulous lunch there.

If you have read my reviews in Tripadvisor, you may find that I always concern about the swimming pool and relaxtion facilities. It's because I swim almost everyday and I go to luxury hotel spa around once per week to release stress. So, I think I am entitle to say this hotel has very good swimming pool and jacuzzi. The infinity-edge and flat bottom of the pool reduced wave and smoothed the water flow.

The location was excellent for both business and leisure traveller. It took only 2 mins walk to subway station, was closed to SWFC and IFC and only 2 stations away to the Bund.

If you insist me to tell any weakness of this hotel, I only can say the Kohler hand shower was not strong enough for me and the service was just not perfect, only tiny little mini thing, not worth to mention about it.

I believe Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong will become top 10 Shanghai hotel in Tripadvisor very soon.

Room Tip: Premier Pearl View Room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel, the first stay was on business, the second time to visit Shanghai with my wife and celebrate her birthday. We were met at the reception by the general manager, Rainer Stampfer and Helen Shi and my wife was presented with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It was a lovely personalised welcome and quite unexpected. We had also been upgraded to an executive suite with a view of the Pearl Tower and a birthday cake awaited us in our room. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the views over Shanghai are amazing. Service levels in the hotel are high, as you would expect from Four Seasons but with a real sense amongst the staff there of a desire to exceed your expectations. The spa and infinity edge pool on the 41st floor are equally amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a wonderful experience it was especially from Fay (Guest Relations Manager) as she helped me to set up everything to propose to my girlfriend, as i was expecting from a Four Seasons, nice and friendly staff, beautiful modern rooms, with an amazing view of the pearl tower, but what goes beyond is the amazing pool on the 41st floor, simply WOW...

The only negative would be the so-so service at Camelia Restaurant, they offer still water, but they didn't say they will charge 95 Rmb or 15 usd for a bottle of water that we didn't even order, my fiancee order a linguini with basil and shrimps and she was brought a spaghetti bolognese, they just said sorry brought a side dish of four shrimps and charge the pasta as a linguini (not very four seasons) last but not least the waiter didn't know at what time buffet started in the morning..

Overall a great, wonderful experience, in this chic modern new hotel in the heart of Pudong.. We will be back soon...

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times and once for a period of 1 month. Rooms are spacious and with a nice design. Overall service level is good. Nice restaurant on the top floor with a fantastic view on the river and the Puxi side of Shanghai. You have choice between a buffet or a la carte with very reasonable price. Quality is good, nothing superior but good value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have spent just recently stay with my friend. we had a nice experiences and welcome. food was great. everything was organize for us and even thought we have choose with a good location with nice view room. i would love to come here for the next tip and would recommend to friends!!

Room Tip: High floor room is good!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I learnt Four seasons in Europe,very popular hotel.This is my first time staying at Four seasons Pudong.It's real out of my expectation,very surprised to its detailed service,make me so happy.Especially the Chinese restaurant--Shang Xi,they called my surname as I walked in,dishes are very delicious,my friends said it's very authentic with shanghainiese and cantonese!They send me a cup of ginger tea for my cough.We all are very happy that day!Thank you,for your food &service,thank you all,Shang Xi guys!

• Stayed December 2012
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

What an amazing stylish new hotel with outstanding service! Good location with nice view.This was 2nd 4 seasons hotel in Shanghai,and compare with the hotel on the another side,this one is more nicely designed Boutique hotel.I was specially impressed by the great food in Camelia restaurant on the grand floor.Excellent service delivered by friendly staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Shanghai Pudong? Share your experiences!