“Pretty place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Patio

El Patio
110 Fenyang Lu, near Fuxing Zhong Lu, Shanghai, China (Hengshan Road)
021-64375839
Neighborhood: Hengshan Road
Shanghai
“Pretty place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Pretty fair tapas, Spanish fare but atmosphere is nice...when th weather is nice, patio is great! I like mostly Te little plates...they add up but they don't mind if you order as you go along like a sushi bar.

Visited October 2011

New York City, New York
“Traditional Spanish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Visited El Patio for a tapas lunch. The location is in a quaint renovated villa within the french concession with multi level seating (including a bar upstairs) and outdoor seating. The tapas are of the traditional variety and were of the highest quality. A special recommendation is the roast pork dish which is divine.

Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I just went to El Patio for my early birthday celebration with my family. The food was really good and we didn't have to wait long at all for our courses to come. Stand outs include the truffle risotto and steak with foie gras. Delicious!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bergamo
“Like in Spain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was in Shanghai for business and I had dinner at El Patio. It was a piece of Spain in the French area. The house has a romantic terrazza and a lovely garden, so you can really enjoy it with good weather. I lived in Spain during six years and I can tell the food was really spanish. Croquetas, chipirones, patatas bravas, pulpo a la gallega and a really great dessert: white chocolate with vanilla sauce and yougurt mousse. I also loved the fancy and modern presentation of this classical dishes and the candle light athmosphere. I hope to go again for a romantic dinner. I didn't pay, so I can't judge the value.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“Romantic, charming ang tasty spanish but a little bit pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We went for a romantic dinner and the place was perfect. Really cosy,the decor is different from what we are used to seing.We were also suprised to see that the Chef proposed real typic spanish tapas as the albondigas and chipirones as usually tapas places just propose "fake tapas". Our dishes were absolutly delicious as the lamb with roasty cheese perfect. Totally charmed even if we think that it's a little bit pricy. When you eat tapas you do not eat a lot and pay such a price it's a little bit too much.

• Visited August 2011