“Miki is wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 stars 181 Reviews
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Miki is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We used Miki on our 2nd day of sightseeing in Shanghai. Miki was terrific - very knowledgable and accommodating. She took us through the Urban Exhibition Centre and Shanghai Museum in the morning, then after a delicious lunch (which she ordered for us), we spent the afternoon on the Pudong. She took dozens of great portraits which will go into our photo album. Oh, and she chases down taxi cabs better than any New Yorker! We felt like best friends with her by the end of the day! Thanks, Miki!

Visited January 2013
ShanghaiguideMiki, Owner at Shanghai Private One-day Tour Guide Miki- Miki Tours, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments ! I always enjoy helping my clients take photos , enjoying their lovely smile , this makes me happy . I also get the change to learn many professional camera ,that is nice . Sending my best wishes ! Miki

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Mikki is A1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We spent a great day with Mikki. 9AM till 9PM and with 2 young children in toe (Under 10). She showed us the real Shanghai and took us to many areas of Shanghai that we would not have gone to without her. (Or known about) The acrobatic's show at the end of the day was fantastic and children were thoroughly amazed..As were we..

Mikki also gave us a lot of advice on things we could do in Shanghai without a guide, which was excellent.. She is a star and we would highly, highly recommend to anyone..Especially if you have children.

Visited December 2012
Thank you very much for your comments ! I wish I could be an ever better tour guide to enrich my clients traveling exprience in China . All my best wish to your lovely family !
Quezon City, Philippines
“Shanghai Is Beautiful Because Miki Always Go That Extra 10 Miles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our trip to Shanghai is really wonderful. Me, my wife, mother and aunt have different interest and idea of the vacation. We decided to look for a tour guide. Fortunately we got Miki who is not only a guide but also a good travel companion and friend.

Miki is so knowledgeable of the places in Shanghai, and the history behind each places. It reminds me always that a beautiful place always comes with a meaningful story. But the thing that really makes our trip so pleasant is that Miki always go that extra 10 miles for her guests.

Such a sincere person she was. Our last day was really nice, but Miki seems to have a higher standard of expectations for us. Despite saving us a lot by her very efficient and prudent arrangement of things, she insisted to refund a portion of her fee due to her observation of service shortfall which really is not attributable to her and not even noticed by us.

Keep it up Miki! Shanghai is beautiful because of wonderful people like you.

Visited March 2012
ShanghaiguideMiki, Manager at Shanghai Private One-day Tour Guide Miki- Miki Tours, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your very nice comments ! It was my great honor to show your family around Shanghai , I am grateful for the advice you have given me how to improve my English and tips for my profession . Sending all my best wishes to your family ! Miki
Shanghai, China
“The reality: The best guide we ever had - Miki.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Fully surprised I read the review of someone commenting the job performance of Miki. From our own experience I really cannot share the severe criticism he made against this polite, helpful and professional travel guide. It sounds so unfair to her!
We are an European industrial group with over 15 subsidiaries located all over the continents. End October 2012 we held a Global Executive Meeting in Shanghai and we could enjoy a whole day city trip around Shanghai. I as the responsible organizer had sourced for the tour guide already 2 months prior to the proposed excursion date. As Miki always reacted quickly and professionally on our request and clarifications, beside her moderate service charge, we have decided to take her service. It was a lucky decision. The way Miki guided our corporate team of 16 high-ranking managers of our international subsidiaries was just marvelous so that everyone of us has brought back home the wonderful impressions of Shanghai and China in general, first of all because the great performance of the well-tempered and well-educated Miki.
In short Miki (1) has told us so many stories from China/Shanghai history which have touched all of us; (2) has helpfully assisted our colleagues not only at sight-seeing but also shopping; (3) never asked any additional charge from us, has paid all fees in advance for us, asked not a single cent for herself additionally. ; (4) was able to handle and lead our trip group with discipline and no hassle.
I can assure that if we would arrange any tour again in Shanghai, or even somewhere else in China, we would like to engage Miki again as our tour guide. She deserved our best reference and recommendation for those who are looking for a tour guide for small or bigger group as we were. All the best and keep doing well, Miki!

Visited October 2012
Thank you very much for your comments ! I will continue my way to be an excellent guide , I am very grateful I had so many wonderful clients . All the best wishes from the bottom of my heart !
“Wonderfull”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

She's the best tour guide in Shanghai!! Always wanted you to be good. She's so friendly, and if you travel with kids you should call her!

ShanghaiguideMiki, Owner at Shanghai Private One-day Tour Guide Miki- Miki Tours, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Abigail:
Thank you very much for choosing my service and the photo you sent me . It was very very enjoyable tour with your family with such a lovely 3 month baby , I was lucky he allows me carry him sometims , i have many of his lovely photos in my phone , it makes me happy when i see his lovely smile . Mariano , so lovely !
Sending my best wishes !