“Awesome service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hai Di Lao Hotpot

Hai Di Lao Hotpot
6F,588 Zhangyang Road, Shanghai, China (Lujiazui)
021-38713936
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Awesome service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I think hot pot is popular for Chinese, especially in the winter, as a pot of bubbling broth can help to ward off the chill. Until recently it was a meal enjoyed in restaurants, I got it why people always waited outside for a long while without any impatient.
High quality service, tasty food, warm atmosphere. Highly recommended!!!

• Visited March 2013

94% Recommend
“GOOD SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by the security guard at the entrance
Greeted by the front desk at the entrance
Someone waiting outside the toilet with soap and towel
Offered cloth for cleaning my glass
I dont know how to make the sauce....and they even offered to make for me...which taste very good
The waiter is curteous and very attentive to the needs
The food is delicious and clean
All in all....very very good and must go in shanghai

Singapore, Singapore
“Great food. Interesting place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Didn't have to wait very long despite being told it would be a long wait. While waiting, they served popcorn and some nuts. There were games you could play while waiting as well. Ladies can have a free manicure.

The food was great. Best hot pot I have ever had. Service was excellent.

I would definitely recommend this to everyone if they like hot pot.

Melbourne
“Superb hotpot, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I haven't always been a huge fan of hotpot in the past but this experience has converted me. Being rated as #1 in Shanghai by Tripadvisor, we had to try it and we were nor disappointed. We were early enough so we didn't have to wait but I would recommend booking as there was quite a queue on the way out.

I like to get good service and it was excellent here. Your choices are selected on an ipad, making this quite easy without having to be concerned about what you might be ordering. The waitress gave us good advice on striking the right balance. Some westerners are squeamish about insides but I would urge the more adventurous to give this a try as well. There were two soups to place your selections into and you can prepare your own mixture of dipping sauce from the numerous ingredients available.

I would recommend this restaurant especially if you haven't tried hotpot before. It is one of the best you will experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“excellent service matched by superb hotpot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I learnt from tripadvisor that this was the top restaurant in shanghai. We were in shanghai for a stop over for one night before our award flight back home to London.
It was a 20 rnb taxi ride to this spice lovers fantasy. When we reached the venue, we were escorted to the fourth floor of the building and given a ticket number. It was number 140 and the current number was 64. Which meant a waiting time of one hour!! We decided to take the gamble and wait. They have a massive waiting area. Almost the size of a good sized restaurant. Whilst waiting they serve us oranges, popcorn, free wi-fi, board games and they kept topping our orange juice glass and all our refreshments. They even had ipads to surf the net, play games, etc. Superb service so far.
Finally the wait was down to 45 minutes. Still amazed by the level of service and attention to details. Even each table had an ipads for entertainment for the kids.
Even without eating, I can say that this deserves to be the top restaurant in shanghai simply for its service.
Now for the food. Nothing more I can add to what's already been said about it in thus section. Exceptional. And the top notch service continued during the meal too. We received plastic covers for the mobile:-)phones, cloth for cleaning our spectacles, aprons, in the whole a truly magnificent service. A must do in shanghai and highly highly recommend it.

• Visited February 2013