“Wow club!” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Brown Sugar
Building 15,Lane 181Taicing Road, Shanghai, China (Xintiandi)
021-53828998
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Xintiandi
Beijing, China
“Wow club!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you up to great live music, owessome drinks, great service, definately reccommend Brown Sugar! i special recommend Thursday night Motown music signer -Carlton jr Smith, he is really a charator! That's why I became the regular.. simply a WOW club!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shanghai, China
“best live band in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Most of my international friends are crazy about good live music, they love to see real artists on stage. Everytime I recommend them Brown Sugar, they really digg it. The club does not only have music, that is played live, but you can see real international talents with star-appeal in action.
For me, Brown Sugar is the best place for live music in town. Excellent music, great ambience and a cool and well mixed audience. Nice cocktails and good food too.
I can really recommend this place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Jazz Club & Restaurant: DANCING!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

A friend took a bunch of us to Brown Sugar. He is an accomplished ballroom dancer, and he says this is the place to go. Well, what fun! A live band played, and there were people on the dance floor all night long!
This being my first visit, I was standing back, enjoying a beverage, when a gentleman came up and asked me to dance. I do not know how to tango! I thanked him, and said no. He was not interested in taking a no for an answer, and politely cajoled me onto the dance floor with him. Well, it was so exciting! He was quite the teacher, and by the last note, I felt as though I might be a decent tango dancer, some day!
Another friend had the same experience.
We did not eat here. Actually, I didn't realize it was a restaurant until I read their business card.
There was no cover charge, and the drinks are not inexpensive. It is an enjoyable outing, dancer or not!
Just an aside: the area that the club is located in has many restaurants, small shops & a movie theatre. It was lovely to walk around afterwards, cooling off!

• Visited December 2011