“Wonderful walking tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 163 Activities in Shanghai
5.0 of 5 stars 41 Reviews
More attraction details
Owner description: Let us guide you... we know the way!Shanghai is there to be discovered: temples, wet markets and street vendors, idyllic parks, beautiful Art Deco heritage, splendid villas mysterious old lanes and glittering sky scrapers... Shanghai has it all! And there is no better way to explore this exciting city then on foot! The choice of what to see is overwhelming, so why not join some passionate walkers who are living in this city for years and know exactly where to go? The Noodle team takes you on a tour off the beaten track, shows you the backstreets and the real life of Shanghai. We just love this city and we would love to share it with you!Noodle Walking Tours offers private, tailor-made walking tours for groups or just for one person. Our guides speak English, Dutch, German and Chinese. Why not treat yourself to a unique city experience, go places where you normally wouldn’t (dare to) go? Join us for a walk and let us guide you… we know the way!
San Diego, California, United States
“Wonderful walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I did a 3 hour photo-tour with Talitha recently on my 1 day visit to Shanghai. She is very knowledgeable, kind and passionate about what she does. It was extremely busy on the Bund, and thanks to her, we were able to find space for setting up the camera equipment (I did a late evening tour so I needed to use a tripod for many of my shots) by interacting with the locals. She even helped me find a cab for my return journey which can be hard on a very busy Shanghai evening. Highly recommended !

Visited September 2013
Zuiderling, Front Office Manager at Noodle Walking Tours Shanghai, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello again! Thank you for your review! I am sure you were able to capture some fabulous skyline pictures on this perfect clear night! All the best for the coming time, hope to see you again one day.

Vienna, Austria
“Excellent tour: great photos and lots of fun, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I took a half-day photo tour with Talitha and it was simply wonderful. She is very knowledgeable as a photographer and gave me lots of tips on how to improve my skills. In addition, she also knows her way around the city extremely well, so with her help I saw some hidden corners and old courtyards I would never have found on my own. I came back with quite a few shots that I really like! Personally, it was also fun to chat with Talitha during the tour and sharing our experiences about China, photography and other topics. I can only recommend this tour to anyone interested in photography - also for beginners - and in discovering Shanghai.

Visited September 2013
Zuiderling, Front Office Manager at Noodle Walking Tours Shanghai, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your feedback! I hope you received the photo's. I see that you also have a great picture of the 'David Bowie' cat, well done! I admire your Chinese language knowledge, very impressive. Hope to see you another time, byebye!
MA
“Highly recommended guidance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Talitha was our guide for 2 half-day tours in Shanghai (international & British quarter, French concession, old city). She was the perfect guide and person for us, a German family w/ two teenager girls. She was very knowledgeable, very sympathetic, her English understood by everyone of us and the tour was perfectly tailored with many interesting sights and stories to bring us Shanghai and its history closer.

Thanks again Talitha and the best wishes

Visited August 2013
Zuiderling, Front Office Manager at Noodle Walking Tours Shanghai, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hello again!It was so good to meet you and spend a lot of time with your lovely family. How brave you all were on the hottest Shanghai days ever (well it felt like that :-) ) !!!. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels and that your oldest will have a wonderful experience during her exchange program. All the best!!
Ballarat, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Talitha was very knowledgable and gave us quite a bit of information as we walked through backstreets and alley ways. She was able to interact with the locals which made it easier to take photos of strangers, although we did get a few growls haha. We went to food streets and markets and as well as the more high class parts. Would recommended for people who don't feel comfortable exploring backstreets unescorted, or are a bit shy when taking people photos. Lovely lady and very helpful. Thank you

Visited September 2013
Zuiderling, Front Office Manager at Noodle Walking Tours Shanghai, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear ladies, thank you for your review and going on adventure with me. I am sorry the rain spoilt it a little bit half way, but I am sure you managed to capture a very nice selection of friendly faces! Please feel free to upload some to this site. I wish you a wonderful stay in Yangshuo, it is magical!
sydney
3 attraction reviews
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Prior to our visit to Shanghai I had emailed Talitha details of my parents' lives in Shanghai during the war, known addresses, etc. Talitha did an amazing job of researching these places and was in constant touch with us before our arrival. She met us at our hotel, and proceeded to take us on a wonderful journey, by foot and taxi..and also a journey in time. We were able to see the areas where my parents had lived, even the hospital where I was born...all because of Talitha's hard work! The tour itself was great...unhurried, and fascinating. We visited both the Former French Concession and the area around Hongkou known as Little Vienna. Talitha is not only a very warm, friendly and happy person, but showed a genuine interest in my history... Highly recommended!

Visited May 2013
Zuiderling, Front Office Manager at Noodle Walking Tours Shanghai, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hello again! Thank you so much for your review. It was my pleasure, one of the tours I will never forget. Thank you for your personal stories about that turbulent period in history; they defenately altered my ideas on life in the restricted area. All the best from SH!!