“Annie is great! Amazing one-day tour of Shanghai” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Shanghai Lander is operated by professional Shanghai tour guides and local experts. We offer destination management and private sightseeing tours based in Shanghai of China. We would like to share the real city with you, new landers in Shanghai.
Sunnyvale, California
“Annie is great! Amazing one-day tour of Shanghai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just took a one-day private tour of Shanghai and Annie was our tour guide. She was witty, cheerful, informative and super-pragmatic! We covered all major attractions, went to possibly the best dumpling place in town and saw some unique sides to Shanghai Overall - a great experience. Highly recommended!

Visited July 2013

Fremantle, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“3 Hour walking tour best way to start holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Jean Liu the owner Lander Tours met us as promised and took us on a wonderful 3 hour walking tour of Shanghai...To places we would never have found alone.or on the last day when it was to late...spoke superb english was informative and great fun...
Emails were promptly replied to and I can not recommend highly enough..

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great tour guide for my days trips to Suzhou and Hangzhou!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I took a trip to Shanghai in early June for a friend's wedding and decided to book last minute day trips to Suzhou and Hangzhou. I chose Shanghai Lander based on reviews I read from other travelers and was not disappointed. My tour guide was Darren, and he was so courteous, friendly, and knowledgeable. His English is excellent as well so it was very easy to chat and ask questions of him.

I had the luxury of booking Darren as my private tour guide and was very happy that I did so, when I saw the other tour groups that had 15+ people per one tour guide. Because it was just the both of us, I was able to ask as many questions as I wanted so I learned a lot more about the history and culture there, and we got to spend more time in the various places he took me.

In Suzhou, we visited the Net Master's Garden, a silk factory, Tiger Hill, and the Humble Administrator's Garden. In Hangzhou, we saw Lei Feng Pagoda which has amazing view of West Lake, tea tasting (where I bought some really good tea), and to Ling Yin Temple. I only wish I had more time to enjoy the gardens, so next time I'll definitely stay overnight in Hangzhou.

I'd highly recommend booking your tours with Shanghai Lander to get that highly personal touch!

Visited June 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Zhu Jia Jiao Water Town Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a wonderful and educational walking tour of Zhu Jia Jiao Water Town with guide Darren. Arranged the night before, Jean was quick to call and confirm our request for 9am tour next day. Met at hotel lobby with guide and driver in new model Buick with bottled water and solid AC. Darren had excellent English skills and our private tour was full of information about each section of the town.

Great company to get a guided tour in Shanghai and surrounding areas. Definite recommend!

Visited May 2013
Auburn, Washington
9 attraction reviews
“Great One Day Tour with Annie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I booked online with Shanghai Lander and Jean responded immediately. I was very impressed with her communication with me throughout the planning phase of our trip. We had a one day stop over on our Diamond Princess cruise in April 2013. Jean had proposed an itinerary for me which I then made some changes to. She was very, very flexible in tailoring the tour to our needs. I wanted to limit the amount of walking due to my mom's knee issue and our car & driver for the day was great. Even our last minute change to the day's schedule was accommodated with a smile. Our tour guide for the day was Annie who met us on time and was easy to find in the port terminal. We were quickly on our way and headed to the Bund. We had a bright sunny, Sunday day to tour Shanghai which is a beautiful city. Annie led us to a restaurant for lunch which was just outside the busy garden area and was delicious. My first soup dumpling. We invited Annie to dine with us and she taught us the proper way to eat them-- it was a very pleasant day with the perfect guide. I would highly recommend Shanghai Lander and Annie. I also enjoyed Annie's perspective on living in China and hearing her stories of what life is like for her, along with proudly showing of her charming city. We were lucky when we arrived early at the Bund, there were many Chinese bride and grooms out getting professional photos taken for their wedding, we then went shopping at Suzhou Cobbler where I bought a charming pair of embroidered red chinese mary-janes. I love them--my absolute favorite purchase in my entire 5 week journey. We walked along the Bund, went to the Yu Yuan gardens, lunch, the silk factory, we peaked in at a wedding reception and did a few other things. We arrived back at our ship laden with our packages. We had requested some shopping time during our tour and we felt that we received ample time to do this. We also met up with Jean who was leading another tour in the Bund area and we were introduced. All in all--one of our best days of our cruise.

Visited April 2013