“Annie is great!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Shanghai Lander is operated by professional Shanghai tour guides and local experts. We offer destination management and private sightseeing tours based in Shanghai of China. We would like to share the real city with you, new landers in Shanghai.
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Annie is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I used Annie Guo of Sanghai Lander on our recent trip to Shanghai. She was great! She is very knowledgeable and was very flexible on changing our plans based on the wheather and our our requests. She showed us a few things that I never even read about in the travelguides (eg the wedding market, where parents and match-makers are meeting to set people up). Her English is excellent and she is very friendly and helpful.

I can really recommend her for any visitor to Shanghai.

Sofia
3 attraction reviews
“Experience the Real Shanghai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Shanghai Lander and Jean definitely are not no-names in Shanghai :) Once you google for a decent Shanghai tour-guide almost the entire first page of results is related to those names. It's then natural that our group of 4 friends chose Jean as our the person who had to introduce us to the Shanghai culture!

I must say her support throughout the preparation stage of our trip was outstanding! She and the entire Shanghai-Lander team not only helped us in structuring our 3 days in Shanghai, but also helped us in:
- buying our high-speed train tickets from Beijing to Shanghai and organized their shipping to our hotel in Beijing
- buying flight tickets for our departure from Shanghai
- preparing all needed documents for obtaining a China Tourist Visa

And while this is some administrative stuff, I should also point out that this was done only through e-mail and while bridging a distance of approx. 3000 miles. It should very much convince potential clients of Shanghai-Lander and Jean that they do their job brilliantly, many times even without any prepayment.

Once in Shanghai, we faced a well organized schedule and a person, who answered every question about the Chinese and Shanghainese cultural and religious way of living. What's more, our schedule always remained flexible and we could often visit places which we had just talked about a few minutes ago. It was fascinating how much Jean knew about almost every corner of the city of Shanghai - may it be the YuYuan Garden, the French Concession, the City God Temple, the Bund or the Pudong skyscrapper buildings.

What amazed me personally was how many places in Shanghai we could visit just because of some spontaneous idea of Jean. While we could observe the magnificent view from the skybar in the Shanghai World Financial Center, the bonus was getting into the Fairmont Hotel on the Bund and watching a few minutes of a wedding photo session and the view from the hotel at the Bund and the Huangpu river.

I cannot imagine finding a better host in Shanghai so I would recommend Jean and Shanghai-Lander to every friend around the world! If you are looking for decent services and excellent value for money, go for it and book in advance! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Santa Barbara, California
“Best tour guide we've ever used”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I used Jean for two marvelous days in Shanghai March 4th and 5th. I was apprehensive hiring someone via the internet but Jean's tour of Shanghai was the highlight of our China visit. She is knowledgable, has a marvelous personality, used a comfortable new Buick with an excellent driver, made sure we got senior rates at all exhibits and made the City come alive for us. She was very flexible if we wanted to stay longer anywhere or cut the visit short if we didn't have interest in a particular area. We wanted to add the old Jewish quarters to our visit and I was amazed at how knowledgable she was about it's history. She took us to two very different places for lunch to give us a diverse sample of the local food. She was in constant communications with her driver and when we emerged from anywhere the car was at the exit waiting. Jean gets an unqualified five star rating from both my wife and me. We had other "good" tour guides throughout China; but there is a quantum leap between "good" and "perfect" and Jean is the only one we had who fit that category.

Johannesburg
9 attraction reviews
“Fantastic, friendly and Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I booked my Shanghai personal tour with Jean at the last minute. She made some great suggestions to customize what I wanted to do. Jean arrived promptly at my hotel. Even though it was raining and freezing cold, my tour went ahead. She was very knowledgable, with a great sense of humor, and accommodating. The tour was at a great pace, and she was carefully tuned in to what I wanted to see more of, or speed by. We shared a great lunch, where I was introduced to dumplings...very good! What I enjoyed most, was that Jean was as eager to learn about my country as she was to share her knowledge!!

I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to experience Shanghai up close and personal. thanks Jean for making it such a wonderful experience.

Chester, England, United Kingdom
“excellent tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I had Jean guide us around Former French Concession district for a half day and it was a fantastic experience for both of us. Even being a local Shanghaiese, I knew very little about the stories behind each old building in this area. We really appreciate Jean's informative and tailored service and have greatly enjoyed the time spent together with her. I would highly recommend Shanghai Lander to anyone who look for deep and interesting tours in Shanghai.

Visited February 2013