“Awesome Running Tour!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #3 of 163 Activities in Shanghai
5.0 of 5 stars 407 Reviews
More attraction details
Owner description: Our walking culinary tours have been featured in the New York Times, Guardian & more. Come explore Shanghai's tastiest authentic cuisine!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
11 attraction reviews
“Awesome Running Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was very happy to discover this tour! I had never done a running tour before and I thought it would be a great way to discover Shanghai while getting some good exercise -- I was right! I met Kyle (the guide) on my first full day in Shanghai. He was wearing a bright yellow shirt which I really appreciated so I could find him on the street. He took me to some beautiful areas of the city such as the French Concession, Tianzifang art enclave and the Bund. He was knowledgeable about the city's history and provided me with some great recommendations about what to do during my visit. Highly recommended!

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Delightful dumplings in delightful company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Being in Shanghai for 5 days on a business trip with very little time for sightseeing or exploring, ‘UnTour’ provided a perfect way to at least get a little taste of the city in the course of three hours.
The ‘dumpling delights’ tour in the delightful company of our guide Kyle, as well as two ‘fellow foodies’, was a delicious diversion.
Being able to explore some of Shanghai’s culinary treasures in the safe hands of a knowledgeable and enthusiastic local at a leisurely pace proved to be a relaxing, informative and thoroughly enjoyable experience.
I would definitely advise anyone going to Shanghai to check out UnTour’s offers!

Newcastle, Australia
10 attraction reviews
“Three Wonderful Food Tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I highly recommend doing UnTour's food tours in Shanghai. Within the space of one week, I did the Street Eats breakfast tour with cheerful Heart, the Street Eats night market tour with the effervescent Jamie, and the Dumpling Delights tour (in French) with the wonderful Carla. The tours were a fantastic way not just to eat wonderful street food, but also a fabulous way of meeting locals and experiencing a little of the way they live.

The tours were done in the French Concession area and around the Yuyuan. All of the tour guides were friendly, personable, approachable and fun. They provided information about the places the tour group visited and the food we ate, the places we were walking around in and special places passed along the way (such as divine secret garden cafes and lovely building alcoves). There is so much food that you must come hungry to take advantage of so many options on offer.

It was easy to find each starting point by using the map and instructions provided, both via metro and via taxi. I must also mention that it was even easy to correspond with Kyle via e-mail when I had queries about doing the tours before I arrived in Shanghai.

Thanks to the UnTour team for providing such fun tours that offered a beautiful way of eating well, hearing interesting stories about Shanghai and visiting surprisingly charming nooks & crannies of this sprawling city. I look forward to doing more of your food tours next time I am in Shanghai!

Gisborne, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
“Night Markets and Breakfast Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hi everyone. Simple comment - DO THESE TOURS!! We finished our China tour in Shanghai and were a bit over temples etc by this stage, wanting to see a bit more of how people live away from the tourist streets. These were the perfect tours for this. Kyle took us through the night markets with three dinner stops, while Heart took us through a lovely park full of tai-chi and dancing locals before hitting the brekky foods. Both tours were very different, both guides were fantastic, the directions to get to each place were perfect (just show the taxi driver the note they give you and you'll be there) and both left us feeling both excited by what we'd seen and with VERY full tummys! We aren't foodies as such, but even our fussy teens enjoyed every second of the tours. We loved every bit of China, and have seen a lot of the world, and these tours would rank up there with the best we've done anywhere on the planet. If you haven't got it yet :-) we totally recommend these tours. Cheers Kyle and Heart, best wishes from New Zealand.

Visited April 2013
Avon Lake, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Must do if you like dumplings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Unless you can read Mandarin and have a review of Shanghai restaurants you could not really experience the great dumplings Shanghai has to offer.

Visited April 2013