“comfy life in the nature” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment

Save Saved
You added Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment to your Saves list
Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment
Unit 101, block 8, 99 dongxiu road, Shanghai, China (Shanghai New International Expo Center)   |
Ranked #54 of 3,926 Hotels in Shanghai
Bali, Indonesia
“comfy life in the nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

To me, this place is a must stay whenever i get back to Shanghai, clean and stylish space, very friendly staff, everything is greatly taken care of, i dont have to worry for arranging anything. And what attract me most is the park view, it's close to shanghai biggest park.So everyday i can wake up in nature and fall asleep in nature in this big noisy city.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Shama_Management, Manager at Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Cathy Y,

We appreciate your compliments to our apartment and service. We will share such encourage comments with our team and they are beyond doubt a great motivation for us to excel. Should your travel bring you back to our Shama properties, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Manager, Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My family and I (3 kids and hubby) stayed at Shama for 1 year during our ex-pat assignment in Shanghai and we absolutely loved the experience. The staff were professional, efficient and very friendly. The bi-weekly cleaning and servicing was wonderful and the children's indoor and outdoor play areas were excellent for my kids. It's a very safe environment and lovely area to live.
We would definitely stay there again if we're in Shanghai in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in on the 18th floor of building number 8 so the views were magnificent!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Shama_Management, Manager at Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Michele,

Thank you for staying with us and choosing Shama Century Park to be your home in Shanghai for the past year and we certainly appreciate you 5 star review towards our property and service team. We will share such encouraging comments with all of our team and this is beyond doubt a great motivation for us to excel.

Should your travels ever bring you back to our Shama properties, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again.

Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

it is my first time to stay in pudong since i have been traveling to shanghai on monthly bases. shama century park is located right next to the century park, which gives it a great view and a very quiet neighbourhood. the front desk is alwasys helpful from getting a taxi to giving directions to some site attractions nearby. definitely will recommend shama century park to my friends.

Room Tip: partly units are with large balcony
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Shama_Management, Manager at Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear erinashine,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing a 5-star review of Shama Century Park.

Located next to the Century Park, residents of Shama Century Park can enjoy a tranquil and thrilling lifestyle with extensive range of leisure facilities. And our staff is always striving to exceed guests’ expectation. And it’s happy that my team was successful in making your living such a pleasant experience.

Thank you again for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Very kind regards,
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

i went to Shanghai for business last year, my company booked two bed room suit for me in Shama century park. I stayed there for totally eight months.

My room is face to the century park, the biggest park in Shanghai. Every morning i can smelled fresh air after i wake up, it helped me to keep a good mood before i go to work. That's why shama impressed me a lot.

The hskp cleaned my apartment twice a week, it was different from hotel. But it is enough for some single guests just like me.

The engineer is kindly and warmful, they always came to my apartment immediately. Even the midnight i can still found someone to help me if something not working.

The security is good , I can understand it's very hard to get taxi on Monday in Shanghai. But they still try their best to get taxi for me.

The guest relations, the best department in shama. They seems can help you everything. They helped me to booked train ticket when i want to have business trip, and help me to get my clothes back when i lost in another city. All of them have good commuication skills and great service attitude.

If next time my company send me to shanghai again, i will choose shama again and again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear ishotsun,

Thank you for sharing a 5-star review of Shama Century Park and the entire team is so excited about it.

We value our guests the most and always try to pursue the goal to make guests feel truly welcomed and attended to. Therefore, whenever possible our team will assist as much as possible in order to ensure a perfect stay for every guest.

Indeed, Shama Century Park offers our guests a tranquil ambience to enjoy the city life with great convenience. And we are now 100% energized to know that you, as our guest, stayed in a good mood during your entire stays.

Once again, thank you very much for having shared your comments and the entire Shama Century Park team very much looks forward to welcoming you again in the future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Shama for 3 years when my husband worked for his company’s Shanghai office.The location of the hotel is perfect, in a safe neighborhood with less than 10 mins walk to the Metro line. We discovered many restaurants around the area walking distance. There are many supermarkets and shops around the hotel. The best part is nearby century park, the largest park in Shanghai, which can be seen from our apartment. Also close to the hotel is the famous Kerry center which has numerous restaurants, supermarkets, brand named shops and swimming pool. We could easily spend a whole day in Kerry center. Shama offers free shuttle bus to Kerry center.
The service of the hotel is excellent. Staffs are willing to help your every inquiry or need. They organize interesting monthly activities for kids and families.
If I am going to stay in Shanghai in the future, I will definitely choose Shama again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Shama_Management, Manager at Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Amy H,

Thank you for your great review on such many aspects of Shama Century Park.

To make guests feel at home is always the goal we try to pursue, and therefore we will organize hoodtour as well as monthly activities for our tenants to get familar with a new life and a new place.

In addition, our staff is always striving to exceed guests’ expectation. And it’s happy that my team was successful in making your 3-year living such a pleasant experience.

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed the service and we look forward to seeing you again should your travel bring you back to Shanghai.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was on business trip from London about 3 months ago, my assistant booked the 1 bedroom apartment for me. I really enjoyed the environment here as it is a more quiet suburban place in Shanghai. Especially loved the park view outside the balcony. I would highly recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher level so you may get a better view of the park
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Shama_Management, Manager at Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear 221Rickenbacker,

Thank you for staying with us at Shama Century Park.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the location and the view of the apartment.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Shama.

Best regards,
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family and I lived at Shama Century Park for 2 years. We are so pleased that it was our home in China.

Shanghai was our first overseas assignment. We moved to Shanghai from the USA with two elementary aged children. Although we were moving from the suburbs and wanted to do something different (trying city life), we were concerned that if we made our home in Puxi, it would be too much of a culture shock for our first time living in Asia. We found living in the Century Park area very comfortable and convenient.

We lived in a light-filled, spacious 4 bedroom, 3 bath apartment with a big, stocked, eat-in kitchen (unusual for Shanghai apartments), a family room, separate dining room and an office. There were balconies on both the front and back sides of the apartment. The beds were comfortable and the bed and bath linens were changed weekly. On occasion, one of the beds would be soiled during the week and they would make a extra change for me. The friendly cleaning staff comes twice a week and does a quick clean up of the floors, kitchen and bathrooms. They don't deep clean or do laundry or dishes as a hired house keeper would but we were not interested in hiring outside help right away. It was much like having housekeeping in a hotel come. They hit the most important spots and left me feeling like our home was presentable again.

There is a pretty grassy area with a water fountain and water areas in the middle of the gated community. My kids enjoyed catching tadpoles and watching them turn to frogs, playing hide and seek and just running around in that area with the other children. There is also paved area where they skated, biked, hit tennis balls and played badminton. There is a fenced in playground for younger kids and a kids' playroom. Shama has its own small gym and there is a larger gym inside the compound that has equipment, personal trainers, classes (mostly taught in Mandarin) and racquetball courts.

The front desk staff always wore a smile when I walked in the door and were happy to help. They helped me get taxis (and told them where I wanted to go), decipher phone bills, get directions to places, secure theatre and train tickets, book diner reservations, receive packages, order on taobao and more. I can't remember a time when I asked for help and was turned down. I even put the front office phone number on my children's phones to call in case of an emergency. I knew that I could count on them.

The guards were friendly and any time I tried to use my limited Mandarin, they would smile and carry the conversation (in Mandarin) themselves. That always made me laugh. The office staff always welcomed any suggestions that I had and organized both kid and adult events (sports day, Easter egg hunts, pot luck dinners, childrens' movie night (a couple times a month) with popcorn and trick-or-treating). They offer monthly events such as cooking, custom made shoes and coats and food/craft markets. The engineers were always quick to respond to any needs in my apartment. They worked on my showers, microwave and air conditioning. They even helped with personal requests. As an example, they helped my daughter cut some heavy foam that she needed for a school project.

The location of Shama Century Park is very convenient. Century Park is right beside the compound with boating, biking and lots of places to enjoy the greenery. The distance around the park is about 5K if you feel like taking a run. The subway (easy to navigate even for English speakers) and the underground market (tailors, handbags, shoes, souvenirs, etc) is a short walk away (maybe 5 minutes). The Science and Tech museum is right behind the apartments and is a fun way to spend a rainy or hot afternoon. The street running behind the compound has several food markets, a dry cleaner, bank and restaurants. So convenient!!! For restaurants you can choose Italian, Western (run by Canadians), Papa Johns, olive oil fried chicken and Japanese. The Starbucks sits on the canal side of the street so you can enjoy the willow trees hanging over the water and watch the swimmers get their exercise. The restaurant prices are in line with other "foreign" restaurants in a big city. The property is located one block from the Japanese school so there are quite a few Japanese families living in Shama. Because of the number of Japanese families living there, the street features Japanese markets (clean and orderly) and restaurants as well. A 5-10 minute taxi ride (or 30 minute walk) will take you to the Kerry hotel and mall. . This is a great place to eat, shop and buy import groceries. Jinqiao, a big expat area with shopping, churches, restaurants, villas, etc is about a 15 taxi ride away. Shama is only a couple of subway stops from downtown Puxi with all of it's excitement. They also have a private bus that has daily stops at grocery stores and shopping venues. You can just hop on.

I do regret that a previous review of the property was so negative. It seems that the reviewer was unfortunately placed by his company in an area that was not what he was hoping for. I think (after living in the city of Shanghai and Shama for 2 years) he would have been much happier in Puxi. Shama Century Park is not the place for you if you want the total "big city" feeling. It is a happy middle ground for city life in a relaxed way.

Our family found this a great location for an "urban" lifestyle without being in the full hustle and bustle of Puxi. It is cleaner, quieter, greener and easy to navigate with a family. Shama- both the facility and the people treated us very well.

At Shama, we were very comfortable, happy and "at home" in a city far from what we had always called home.

Room Tip: there are apartments on one end of the complex with full views of the park. if you are on the side o...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Shama_Management, Manager at Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear my1goodlife,

Thank you for your great review on such many aspects of Shama Century Park.

Indeed, Shama Century Park offers our guests a relaxing and comfortable environment to enjoy the city life with great convenience. We are delighted that you and your children enjoyed the service and the sufficient facilities of our apartment.

In addition, our staff is always striving to exceed guests’ expectation. And it’s happy that my team was successful in making your 2-year living such a pleasant experience.

We look forward to seeing you again should your travel bring you back to Shanghai.

Shama Century Park

Been to Shama Century Park Serviced Apartment? Share your experiences!