“Complete Facility” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai

You added Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai to your Saves list
Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1388 Huamu Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 201204, China (Shanghai New International Expo Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 3,934 Hotels in Shanghai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Complete Facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Totally impressed with the fitness club with Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi and Relax Room. Location adjacent to SNIEC, same building as the mall and most of all, easily accessible by Metro Line 7.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear dwky19

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel as your home while visiting Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you loved our facilities in particular our Kerry Sports and recreation facilities. I am also glad you found the location very convenient to SNIEC and Metro.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Kerry Hotel Pudong in the not to distant future.

Peter Clarke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Yokohama, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

A member of the Shangri-la family. As you would expect, the service is excellent and the facilities are very nice.

Location is not central but it is next to expo center. Connected to a mall with a subway station underneath. Get a subway Mao and you can go anywhere in Shanghai!

Rooms was good size with good working space (desk) and bar with a couple if stools. Bathroom was very nice with large shower room that included the bathtub and a large fog-free mirror. Shower head was about 2 meters off the floor so even vet tall guests should be happy with that.

Bed was very clean and comfortable with nice down-filled (I guess) pillows.

iPod clock near the bed. Many electrical plugs so various places to recharge your electronics.

Nice good-sized bathrobe and they even gave me extra large slippers when they saw the size of my shoes left in the room.

Breakfast buffet was very good with lots if choices. Great if you can get a package with the cost included in the room.

Great place to stay! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear TNJP_Explorer

Thank you very much for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai recently. Thank you also for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, as a Senior Contributor I appreciate your positive comments. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and I was delighted to read your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Kerry Hotel Pudong in the not to distant future.

Freising, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Came here for the second time for a business trip. The staff is very eager to meet all your needs. The breakfast offer spans over all different types of breakfast. I guess there's nothing you can't get. The rooms are tidy, spacious and well equipped. You might also enjoy the minibar as first fill is complementary. The gym and spa area are great to workout and relax from an intense business day. Check out the roof basketball court on level 5!

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Tobleis,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel as your home while visiting wonderful Shanghai. I appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you loved our facilities and in particular our extensive Breakfast and our Kerry Sports facility which is the largest in any hotel here in China I appreciate you highlighting them. Hopefully the next time you come to Shanghai you can bring your family, they you will want for nothing!!!!!! and they will love the adventure zone too!!!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Recently, after couple weeks home leave in the States, I returned to Shanghai in doing business and check in the Kerry Hotel in Pu Dong, Shanghai...I found the 3C : Consistency ; Commitment and Caring Spirit at this hotel as usual
The speed of checking in at the Club floor to the room is <3 minutes ; the consistency of professional and attention to details with commitment is impeccable arranged...the caring spirit of welcome makes your have homey feeling ..The morning breakfast at the club floor lounge is always tasty. with attentive, on time and to the details service....
The ambient in the club floor is so tranquil and cozy which is good for business meeting and unwind....

The highly trained staff and team at the club floor maintains the caring spirit to details...

Room Tip: Highly recommend to check on availability of club floor rooms which always have the value of the mon...
Dear G- Y0303

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai, I truly appreciate it. Thank you also for taking the time to review us again on Trip Advisor, it means a lot to us. It appears that you are a very regular guest and love our Club Floor, I know they do a great job there but its always very encouraging for the team to get recognized, Thank you. I do hope to make your acquaintance on your next visit. Please let me know when you are here or send me an email to peter.clarke@thekerryhotels.com

I do hope we have the chance to meet on your next visit back to Kerry Hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Why does a 5 stars hotel provide room excluded ABF? If you need ABF, pay more or upgrade to clubhouse room! which more and more expensive. In room very good but no hotel bag for shopping. Check out experience is very good as reception man bring me and my big luggage to call Taxi for me.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Peter C, General Manager at Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Chonlavit S,

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai, I truly appreciate it. Thank you also for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, it means a lot to us. I am delighted you overall had a wonderful stay and I appreciate your comment on both the Breakfast and the Bag. We do have rates available including breakfast, but also a rate excluding because some flights leave so early people do not have time to make use of our lavish breakfast spread.

Lexington, Kentucky, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Everything is beyond good. Bellhop was a little grumpy because I moved my own suitcase but everyone else was very attentive and gracious. Food at The Brew was outstanding! Easy shopping connected with a wide range of food options plus a wonderful general store.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Chuck L

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel as your home while visiting wonderful Shanghai. Thank you also for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am delighted you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed not only our service but our Food and Beverages offerings including The Brew.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pros:

The Kerry is a very nice hotel. Very few travelers will find it lacking in amenities. The staff are excellent. Having said that, the bang-for-buck factor is very low in my opinion.

Cons:
1. Shower head diverter did not work. This is typical in China, where plumbing is often seen as an option rather than an essential. But inexcusable in a hotel of this calibre.

2. Maid service became less and less frequent as the visit continued. Bottled water also inexplicably reduced in size after several days.

3. My (10 day stay) plans changed to include a 2 day visit to Nanjing. No refund, or reduction was offered by the Kerry Hotel during my absence, even though Shangri-La has no property in Nanjing. I was told that this was because I booked through an agent (Travelocity). But when I called Travelocity, they said this was a policy of the Kerry Hotel, and was beyond their control. I have booked many hotel stays through Travelocity, and their standard policy is to allow changes to hotel bookings.
I was offered the rather obvious information that my luggage would be able to remain behind in my $240 per night hotel room while I traveled.

4. The room was very nice. However, the cost is considerably higher than for comparable accomodations at nearby properties.

5. The in-house dining facilites were absurdly overpriced. 120 RMB for a hamburger in China is essentially an insult.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Dear David S

Thank you for choosing the Kerry Hotel while visiting Shanghai, I truly appreciate it. Thank you also for taking the time to review us again on Trip Advisor. While it appears that you did enjoy the overall stay I am sorry for some of lapses in service that you experienced. I am disappointed that you did not leave us feeling good about your stay and as a result the feeling of 'value for money" was just not there. I truly apologize for this and I have shared your comments with the team to improve in these areas.

I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Kerry Hotel on a future visit to Shanghai so I can personally guarantee you that we will change your perception of the hotel and facilities. Please feel free to contact me directly at peter.clarke@thekerryhotels.com.

Peter Clarke

Been to Kerry Hotel Pudong Shanghai? Share your experiences!